Hi.
Right know there are many hardware and software for Iphone Ipad ans for recording guitar and other things like Peavey AmpKit Link and other stuff. But it boggles my mind that there's nothing of this kind on Android (even in software department it sucks really big compared to Apple).
What can be the reason for it, is the Android is not capable from hardware or system point of view to do this, or no 3rd company want to invest in this kind of thing.
Whats you're take on this.
I think a lot of it has to do with the market for it. Apple has a fairly strong market share in the recording industry. Most, if not all, professional recording studios have Macs, not Windows based machines. So connecting an Apple iPad to an Mac Desktop seems like the simplest logistical layout, guaranteed to work together. Same thing goes for designers, photographers, etc... I think if Android tried to make a push for some of that market space it would be a tough uphill battle.

Also, because there are so many Android devices, some may not run the software properly so they would have to setup requirements (dual-core phone or xxGB of space) while the Apple devices can be more streamlined since there are far less models of them.

Hope that makes some sense... I think this is what makes sense to me the most on the subject.
I know about so many types of devices, but the high end one have better hardware from iphone, it just surprise me that no one is trying to make something for android, it's a fresh market, with no competition, so it's even stranger. I know that Apple products were always associated with music, but it's still strange. Google it's not pushing Android to bigger software firms cause that would be needed for some improvements on the field. For someone trying to cut big share of the market they don't seem to really care for apps. Hope they don't make the same mistake in that field that Nokia did.
Quote by swilcox26
Also, because there are so many Android devices, some may not run the software properly so they would have to setup requirements (dual-core phone or xxGB of space) while the Apple devices can be more streamlined since there are far less models of them.

This pretty much sums it up.

Look at what Apple has on the market. They're selling the iPhone 3GS (which is on its way out), iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4th Gen & iPad 2. For the most part, if you can get it to work on the 3GS, it'll work across all these devices. The dock connectors are universal and most devices work across the board. Also, iOS has built in midi support and a few other nifty things for music.

Android on the other hand has several hundred phones by a ton of different manufactures. Since all the specs are different, the Android OS is open source (which every manufacturer obviously changes to fit the phone) and there isn't a universal connector for it, developing musical devices for the Android Market is much more difficult. No doubt the performance kills most iOS devices, its just not standardized enough for music peripherals like the AmpKit Link and such to be developed.

Plus, there are already hella synths, DAW Controllers and shit for iOS already. So happy I switched to the iPhone 4S :p
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
You're all totally wrong, sorry.

The simple reason is that Android has no support for low-latency audio.

Devs are working hard at new APIs but by default you're looking at 300ms+ latency. FL Studio were talking about a new android release a while back, with a proprietary low latency engine, but there hasn't been any more news on it. It's the one thing that really disappointed me with Android (though to me, it's superior to iOS in every other concievable way).
Quote by kyle62
The simple reason is that Android has no support for low-latency audio.

FL Studio were talking about a new android release a while back, with a proprietary low latency engine, but there hasn't been any more news on it.

Its more that Devs are too lazy to develop a code for a LLAE than there being lack of support for it. I mean, if FL says they're gonna make it and nothings been said, it sounds like it got put on the back burner.

Like I said, Android is an open source OS. If the Android OS wants to catch up to the iOS in terms of music apps and such, someones going to have to come out with a code for a LLAE. Even then, we wouldn't see it until the next update which Android is terrible at roll outs since those are on a carrier based deal.

Still, my point remains valid. I'll back it up with an article on Angry Birds being ported over to Android: http://macenstein.com/default/2010/11/angry-birds-maker-confirms-that-developing-for-android-is-a-nightmare/

From a developer standpoint, it almost seems like a waste of time & development money to develop for the Android OS when it comes to music. You've gotta make sure it runs across a good majority of devices versus 4. I've hopped onto the Android marketplace on my dads phone, its pretty bad when you see good apps plagued with 1 star ratings because it "didn't work on my XXXXX phone".
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp