Quote by L2112Lif
With a metal shell.

EDIT: Also, I hate that sound in a blast beat, its just annoying... Anyone with me?

Yep. Piccolo snares have their uses. They sound pretty good in reggae. But in brutal death metal, where the drums are so heavily triggered that the words "dynamics" and "something other than a blast beat" are as taboo as the word "Voldemort", they sound like ass.

But anyway, yeah, it's a piccolo snare.
Quote by L2112Lif
With a metal shell.

EDIT: Also, I hate that sound in a blast beat, its just annoying... Anyone with me?
I'm not much of a fan of it either, but it fits for the style.

TS, you're gonna want to turn the snare wires off for that "trash can" sound. It's not tuned like, INSANELY high.
You guys sure it's just a piccolo? 'Cause I got a piccolo tuned as high as possible, and it still doesn't sound like this 0__o Maybe 'cause it's a shit starter-pack snare...Anyways, so you think I could achieve a similar snare sound with just a, say, 13x3.5 steel piccolo (and removing the snares, obviously)?
^I'd imagine so.

Honestly, I've been able to get that with a Joey Jordison snare before pretty easily.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
You guys sure it's just a piccolo? 'Cause I got a piccolo tuned as high as possible, and it still doesn't sound like this 0__o Maybe 'cause it's a shit starter-pack snare...Anyways, so you think I could achieve a similar snare sound with just a, say, 13x3.5 steel piccolo (and removing the snares, obviously)?
In a word, yes.
I'd say it sounds more like a steel shelled small diameter snare, 12" or smaller maybe with the snare wires barely on so it sounds like a timbale.
Piccolo's tend to have a quicker sound IMHO.
Really hard to tell though.