So I've accrued some money lately and plan on upgrading my amp because my 15W practice amp just won't do anymore. I made a thread a few days ago and got some replies, and after doing some research on the suggestions I've narrowed it down to 2 amps.

I'm either going to get a Vox AC15 C1 or the Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue but I am having a really hard time deciding which one to get. I figured you guys might have experience with them so I'm gonna ask you guys what y'all would do in my situation.

First off, this amp is going to be an upgrade that I am going to keep for quite awhile. So versatility is a big criteria here. I'm looking for something that I can jam with, record with, and play gigs with. I'm not sure how many watts you need for gigging but clearly the 40W FBDR has an edge over the Vox 15W in this category. I'm just not really sure if this necessary so if anyone can confirm if the extra wattage is needed that would be great.

The other big criteria is that it needs good cleans and a good slightly overdriven sound. I plan on running my Boss ME-70 through it and I'm mostly looking for a slightly overdriven neck pickup sound reminiscent of Can't Stop - RHCP and a bridge strat sound like 21st Century by RHCP. I think it won't be that difficult to accomplish these tones using both the preamp in my pedal and the EQ on the amp itself, but basically I am trying to emulate the tones I have on a pedal and make them louder. I also want to be able to switch between these sounds using the footswitch if possible.

What are some of the tonal differences in the amps, and ultimately, which would you pick, given my situation?
Well i am no amp expert, but i have a Vox VT30 and it sounds like absolute horse shit for any distorted tones. Based on that i'll assume a lot of vox's sound crap on high gain tones. Others may have had better experiences with vox though.
Last edited by vayne92 at Feb 2, 2012,
Quote by vayne92
Well i am now amp expert, but i have a Vox VT30 and it sounds like absolute horse shit for any distorted tones. Based on that i'll assume a lot of vox's sound crap on high gain tones. Others may have had better experiences with vox though.

Well I think I won't be playing anything more distorted than what a bridge pickup strat sounds like with a lot of overdrive, and if I am I think I'd use the pedal for distortion.
What's your budget also? You haven't even put up a budget :s

Is there a particular reason you're tossing up between the 2? If you have no legitimate reason for deciding between the 2 then i'm more than sure somebody else could come up with a better option for you.
Quote by vayne92
What's your budget also? You haven't even put up a budget :s

Is there a particular reason you're tossing up between the 2? If you have no legitimate reason for deciding between the 2 then i'm more than sure somebody else could come up with a better option for you.

My budget is around 400-550 and I will probably buy used. I made a thread a few days ago and had the budget on there and people recommended me some amps so I did a little more research and narrowed it down based on what I heard/saw on reviews and demos.
Quote by Chandleezy
My budget is around 400-550 and I will probably buy used. I made a thread a few days ago and had the budget on there and people recommended me some amps so I did a little more research and narrowed it down based on what I heard/saw on reviews and demos.

Ah fair enough. If i was much wiser about amps and the genre of music you're into i'm sure i could help you more. I only know about metalz