Hey guys!

I'm so frustrated right now...!
I've been playing for 2 years and usually practice about 1h30/2h per day but for few weeks I didn't because of my exams.

Tonight I decided to play a bit and boy, it was awful! It was just... pure and utter shit. All the wrong chords, terrible strumming, solos way off...

And I was just practcing my usual The Strokes songs !

So whats the deal here. Does the brain forget skills after a few weeks ? Does this happen to you ?
i hope to hell not. my thumb's been sore for the past 3 weeks and i haven't been able to play

fingers crossed you'll only suck for the first day or two. you'll probably be back up to speed soon
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've accepted that I just suck at guitar long ago and realized that it doesn't matter one bit in the grand scheme of things.
Hi, I'm Peter
You may still be stressed from your exams and yes you will get back in the saddle soon. Stress can really affect your playing as well as many other factors.
also jusdt tiredness. your mind's probably tired from the exams, which isn't helping
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
don't worry man, it will come back. just keep playing (as if there were any other option...)
ha thanks guys! stress and tireness indeed... It really worries me sometimes that my brain could forget skills :O!
Yeah, that's pretty normal. It'll all come back in a day or two, and you'll probably be better than you were.

That's what I find personally, it's really strange. Taking a break always advances my skill. I can play something for days on end and never get it right, then when I stop for a few days and come back, I'll be able to play it like nothing.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^ i used to be like that with golf the more i practised/played the worse i got

i played a bit (guitar) tonight and i'm still ok, so that's cool. i was paranoid i'd pick up the guitar and not be able to play
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?