Nice!
Jimmy Eat World means The Middle for me, it's their trademark and the only song I like, hm,... Pain as well.
Well, you sure made it sound too female, teenie, girlish, it's not your fault, women do that to punk rock songs...
As for the playing the palm mute seemed OK, although I think it had to be louder. The chorus is just perfect and the solo... I don't know, it sure sounded a lot different than the original.
Nice try anyway, the singer needs to be more aggresive, hahahaha...Keep rockin'!
Hey TJ!

Hear You Me: The recording is too quiet. Full band recordings are tough to get right unless you mic and mix everything properly.. You guys didn't do a BAD job necessarily but I think it could be better. What did you do to record/mix? All the playing sounds tight all around, no mistakes. I like the vibe with the chick singing too.

The Middle: Again, recording too quiet but I figured it would be the same as the other one. In this one I feel like your singer needs to step up to fit the vibe of the song.. This one isn't as slow of a jam as hear you me. She needs to belt it, add much more volume/dynamic/tone in general and sing from her diaphragm instead of her throat. Everything besides her is fine - not to single her out and pick on her, she did alright but there's room for improvement.

C4C:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1517112
Quote by Greendaz
Nice!
Jimmy Eat World means The Middle for me, it's their trademark and the only song I like, hm,... Pain as well.
Well, you sure made it sound too female, teenie, girlish, it's not your fault, women do that to punk rock songs...
As for the playing the palm mute seemed OK, although I think it had to be louder. The chorus is just perfect and the solo... I don't know, it sure sounded a lot different than the original.
Nice try anyway, the singer needs to be more aggresive, hahahaha...Keep rockin'!

Haha, I agree with what you're saying about the singer. I must admit to kind of liking that, though, at least it's a new spin on the song! I didn't play the solo so I'm not sure how different it is, I just think it's a lot louder than on the original. I intend to do a remaster, and turn the palm muting up and solo down. Thanks for the feedback!

Quote by cm880999
Hey TJ!

Hear You Me: The recording is too quiet. Full band recordings are tough to get right unless you mic and mix everything properly.. You guys didn't do a BAD job necessarily but I think it could be better. What did you do to record/mix? All the playing sounds tight all around, no mistakes. I like the vibe with the chick singing too.

The Middle: Again, recording too quiet but I figured it would be the same as the other one. In this one I feel like your singer needs to step up to fit the vibe of the song.. This one isn't as slow of a jam as hear you me. She needs to belt it, add much more volume/dynamic/tone in general and sing from her diaphragm instead of her throat. Everything besides her is fine - not to single her out and pick on her, she did alright but there's room for improvement.

C4C:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1517112

Thanks for the feedback. The reason everything is mixed quietly is to avoid clipping, I don't like turning everything up then using compression, it sounds wrong to me. Personal opinion though I guess. I recorded and mixed both of these in Pro Tools through a 24 channel Soundcraft Digidesign desk. The microphones were two 57s for electric guitars (Fender Baja Telecaster through a 300w Fender Twin Reverb), two AKG 414s for the acoustic on Hear You Me and one 414 for vocals. I'm not sure about the drums as my drummer recorded them separately. I just DI'd the bass.

In Hear You Me, for the reverse guitar I just recorded myself playing the two harmonics separately in Garageband, reversed the signal in Audacity and exported the file as a WAV in Pro Tools, then looped it. The effects in the chorus are MIDI recorded to a WAV file then reversed in Pro Tools, and the stings in the bridge are just MIDI in Kontakt.

As I've said above about The Middle, I agree with what you're saying about the singer, I guess it's just personal preference. I think she finds the range of The Middle quite hard - we recently did a cover of That's What You Get and she really belted it out.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm away at the moment, but I'll crit your song tomorrow.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Last edited by TJ1991 at Feb 5, 2012,
Both songs were nicely played, although im not such a fan of the voice pitch, it was on tune and there was nothing really wrong with it.

I would suggest on the mixing board, making drums louder, i think they are way too low and take a bit of impact to the song.
Gear :Squier + Vypyr 15W / UCG102 + Picks = Awesomeness !