So, I have a guitar now, but its not one necessarily one to play classic rock on :P So what would be "acceptable"? A Fender? I don't really know... Cause I dont have a huge spending limit. Just some suggestions would be nice. I dont wanna spend anymore than $800....
why would your setup not matter?

what type of classic rock?

i mean i can give you some rule of thumb suggestions which'll be ok, but i can help you better the more info you give.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by jkielq91
A Les Paul or SG of some kind.

...or a strat or tele

(but really, pretty much any guitar will play 'classic rock' - that's such a broad classification of music. If you give us a bit more info, such as: favourite bands/guitarists, current amp etc. we can give you a bit more help...)
Adam
the vintage kind of sound you're looking for will come more from the amp than the guitar. I can make an ES335 sound like led zeppelin given the right amp.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Any guitar really...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by Most_Triumphant

Wow.

Wrong forum. That's the GG&A Faq.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by hminh87
Any guitar really...

This...
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Quote by Wisthekiller
Still applies here.

Yeah, but the only thing he didn't give was his location. Which is bullshit anyway, that's just so GG&Aers can look up Craigslist for stuff that you can find yourself if you were in anyway competent with a computer (which, let's be honest, you're on a internet forum, you should be able to know how to search google/CL).
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Ill just leave this HERE... Just a suggestion.
"Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling." - Anonymous
Quote by Most_Triumphant

Quote by kangaxxter
Wow.

Wrong forum. That's the GG&A Faq.

Quote by Wisthekiller
Still applies here.

Just so you guys know, I made one for EG a while ago.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497696

TS, answer those questions. You did not give us enough info for us to actually give you any real suggestions. If you update your OP with that info, you'd really be helping us help you.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Feb 3, 2012,
"Acceptable?" It's a Fender or Gibson then. Those are the mainstream choices.
Quote by jkielq91
A Les Paul or SG of some kind.

+1 And a decent amp.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by hminh87
Any guitar really...

Yep.

Quote by Acϵ♠
the vintage kind of sound you're looking for will come more from the amp than the guitar. I can make an ES335 sound like led zeppelin given the right amp.

Exactly.
Even a cheap Squier Strat would be acceptable for classic rock if you play it through the right amp for the job.

That said,
Quote by sauce3696
So, I have a guitar now, but its not one necessarily one to play classic rock on :P So what would be "acceptable"? A Fender? I don't really know... Cause I dont have a huge spending limit. Just some suggestions would be nice. I dont wanna spend anymore than $800....

I'm willing to bet your problem is your amp.

Which guitar is that? Which amp are you playing through? Do you use any effects pedals or a multi-FX unit?
See, this is why this info matters if you want help with your particular situation.

Quote by sauce3696
Non of that is really relevant. City doesnt matter, I dont see why my set up would matter, you know my budget, you know what genre, and I want it new... What else do you need?

Yes, it is relevant. I just proved it.

You came in here and asked for help.
People are willing to help you. They ask for some info so they can help you better, yet you reply arrogantly. Nice going, dude.

I have a feeling that TS's amp is an MG.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Feb 3, 2012,
Quote by Linkerman
Yep.

Exactly.
Even a cheap Squier Strat would be acceptable for classic rock if you play it through the right amp for the job.

That said,

I'm willing to bet your problem is your amp.

Which guitar is that? Which amp are you playing through? Do you use any effects pedals or a multi-FX unit?
See, this is why this info matters if you want help with your particular situation.

Yes, it is relevant. I just proved it.

You came in here and asked for help.
People are willing to help you. They ask for some info so they can help you better, yet you reply arrogantly. Nice going, dude.

I have a feeling that TS's amp is an MG.

I have an MG. They suck soooo bad. I can't wait til I get a better one.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I suggest a bright pink Ibanez RG micro or a Squier Hello Kitty Strat. As far as amps go, why don't use a Pignose amp like Frank Zappa?
Any guitar you like and you think has the right sound and feel will do it in my opinion..

Take for example the strato, Dire Straits use it for rock, Eric Clapton for blues and Iron Maiden for heavy metal.
Same for the LP etc.

IMO obiously.

By the way, I have a schecter blackjack axt C-1 (which I read about it's a metal guitar) and I use it to play more than 70% blues and rock blues/dire straits style rock/hard rock (which is far from what people usually mean with metal)
Quote by Duv
A Fender Vaguecaster or a Gibson More-info Les Paul.

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Methinks this was an attempt at trolling...
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native