Wow I like that a lot. It's hard enough to make a decent sounding dubstep song without professional gear as it is. I've tried in the past to combine metal and dupstep but have never been successful. Would I be right saying you were slightly inspired by the new Korn album? It seems like it after that first drop. Once the more upbeat DnB part came in it sounded a little bit empty to me. Thats really the only thing I could find wrong with it. Good job.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483876

EDIT: Just listened to your song Funky WIP. I really like it. I've been trying to get quality like that for a while to make electronic music. Just curious, do you use just software or do you have a whole rig set up? If you use software, what do you use? Thanks.
Last edited by guitarocker100 at Feb 2, 2012,
im diggin it. although it wasnt what i thought it would be. its more electronic.
definitely well made. is this a new direction for you, because id be down to hear more of this.

funky wip is dope. you definitely have nice electronic chops

sig has link
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Feb 2, 2012,
Holy crap. I haven't heard anything that exciting in a while. Really.

It starts off very well. The build-up from about 1:40 is fascinating. The fast bit didn't grab me so much, but I was glad it returned to the original rhythm. After that it seems restless, which is good in that it encourages motion, but with dance music you kinda wanna seem like you're in charge. Anyway the chug-chug comes back in and it's happy days.

PS that is a sexy drum sound.

Wanna check out my song? You said any genre right? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1516701
impressive stuff.I wouldn't know where to begin making this
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Wow... this is freaking awesome! this song deserves a lot more attention then its getting right now... im not usually a huge dubstep person but i think this is perfect. It definitely caught my attention the whole time, something ive always struggled with on other dubstep songs. Im not a huge dubstep fan, but i would definitely listen to a whole album of songs like this if they were all this good. Very well done.

C4C? the link to my song is here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1516989
This is really amazing, i've tried to do something similar in mixing metal and dubstep and I know it can be a difficult combination to get right. I think you've nailed it here though, there's enough metal to make it unique and the dubstep parts are done so well that they could make a great track just by themselves. The breakdown part at 3:15 is incredible, it was unexpected but fitted perfectly and had me headbanging. The bass and synths are done extremely well and they fit in with the guitar because no instrument sort of drowns out the others. Everything fits together cohesively. I think you're definitely on to something here and you should make more songs like this.

C4C: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1516930
Holy shit, man. That was pretty phenomenal. I think you definitely do a much better job at mixing the genres than Korn does. Keep this up!
Honey mustard is best mustard.
Thats really great man. How do you get your tones? I've been trying to make a dubstep track but I cant nail the tones. How in the world do you get that sound out of a guitar?

You've nailed the track actually. Its brilliant!

Btw, check out the first track on my profile, its a jazz based thing.
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I didn't expected this many! It really means a lot. I've just about C4C'd everybody back now.

Quote by guitarocker100
Wow I like that a lot. It's hard enough to make a decent sounding dubstep song without professional gear as it is. I've tried in the past to combine metal and dupstep but have never been successful. Would I be right saying you were slightly inspired by the new Korn album? It seems like it after that first drop. Once the more upbeat DnB part came in it sounded a little bit empty to me. Thats really the only thing I could find wrong with it. Good job.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1483876

EDIT: Just listened to your song Funky WIP. I really like it. I've been trying to get quality like that for a while to make electronic music. Just curious, do you use just software or do you have a whole rig set up? If you use software, what do you use? Thanks.

Thanks man! I have listened to Korn's new album but I have to say I'm quite disappointed with it. And it's not really influenced me, no... I've been doing metal/dubstep since before Path of Totality came out anyways haha

I use Cubase and use various MIDI controllers to play stuff in. I use a range of VSTs to make my tracks, PM me if you're interested in hearing my complete set up

Quote by hitman_47
Thats really great man. How do you get your tones? I've been trying to make a dubstep track but I cant nail the tones. How in the world do you get that sound out of a guitar?

You've nailed the track actually. Its brilliant!

Btw, check out the first track on my profile, its a jazz based thing.

I use Podfarm for my guitars, PM me also if you want to know my full signal process
Really cool! It's MUCH more DnB than Dubstep (Just because there's a wobble doesn't mean it's dubstep!) Sounds more dubsteppy at the end though.
Your sounds are pretty ballin. Very well produced.
Not much as far as bass goes with most dubstep songs which predominately just stay in the sub bass range (see: Benga)

Still awesome!
Check out my newest song! https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1517912
I make house muuuusic!
www.soundcloud.com/sean-garfola

My Gear:
Schecter Tempest custom
Pro Co Rat Duecetone Distortion
Boss Space Echo
Boss Super Chorus
Line 6 Verbzilla
Digitech Jam-man
Peavey ValveKing 212