I'd buy it.

WAIT. If it does metal well? Come on man. However, if I may ask, what amp would you be running through it?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I would check to see if it's in good working condition first. If so, that's almost a steal. I would say go for it.
As long as it works and is in decent condition, sure. Should be able to make at least $100 off that.

P.S. for being in AZ

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Buy it,sell your tbx and Crate, buy a 6505/5150 and enjoy yourself.
--

--
I like my TBX but my crate sucks. I'm currently unemployed and living off student loans and I've been making money buying musical equipment from craigslist/pawn shops and flipping it for profit. I'd love to keep the 1960a, but I'm strapped for cash at the moment. If I can get enough people to agree I could sell it for more than 200 I'll go pick it up, but it seems to go for 225-250 on craigslist.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
I feels ya brah.

For real though I totally understand, I'm in the same position. Except I don't really buy and sell. Gear, because VA is shitty for used markets.
--

--
It becomes x100 times worse when you have a child to support! Haha. Phoenix isn't too bad, honestly I've made a good amount of cash. Mainly with ibanez guitars. So easy to sell, so easy to jew people down on the price! :lol:

Still debating on this cab. It sounds amazing, and it was in pretty nice condition. I'd settle for a 50 dollar profit haha!
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Quote by stratman_13
VA is shitty for used markets.

+1.......
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by ReinventingEvil
I like my TBX but my crate sucks. I'm currently unemployed and living off student loans and I've been making money buying musical equipment from craigslist/pawn shops and flipping it for profit. I'd love to keep the 1960a, but I'm strapped for cash at the moment. If I can get enough people to agree I could sell it for more than 200 I'll go pick it up, but it seems to go for 225-250 on craigslist.

You're right, there's plenty on our CL in the $300 range, they are quite common.

I mean, it depends on how long you're willing to sit on the cash, and if the return will be worth it to you. Personally, I wouldn't even bother, because making $100 isn't really a large enough amount of money on such a big item for it to be worth it to me. I haven't been checking CL much lately, mainly because I've already owned pretty much everything there is to own, and I don't have much desire to flip things anymore unless it's for a large profit, plus it's very rare that anything pops up on the Phoenix CL that's unique and not super overpriced, but I'm sure there are better deals than that to be had (though I haven't seen many lately, but I'm also looking for higher dollar items ).
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Soooo, should I do it? Standing outside the shop smoking, posting off my kindle, trying to decide. Ugh!
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Yeah matrixclaw, I think it would take a bit to sell, but honestly money is money at this point, and I'm trying to take all I can get. The only problem is they labelled me an "as is" customer, because they found out about my little shlick, and they won't let me return things anymore! Hahahah.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Quote by ReinventingEvil
Yeah matrixclaw, I think it would take a bit to sell, but honestly money is money at this point, and I'm trying to take all I can get. The only problem is they labelled me an "as is" customer, because they found out about my little shlick, and they won't let me return things anymore! Hahahah.

The thing you have to consider though is - Will you need that $200 in the near future? Because if you will, then at this point, making $50-100 is pretty pointless.

Where are you buying from? I've gone into a few shops around Mesa before and they have some decent stuff, but I'm just not super comfortable buying from pawn shops, you never know what they're hiding
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Matrix, I am tripping balls right now. I looked up Illaria on youtube because it sounded familiar, I think I spoke with you on craigslist before! I was going to try out as your guitarist. I remember because I learned one of your songs.

I ended up buying it though. Ha, it sounds killer, I think I'll sell my crate and keep the marshall XD
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Quote by ReinventingEvil
Matrix, I am tripping balls right now. I looked up Illaria on youtube because it sounded familiar, I think I spoke with you on craigslist before! I was going to try out as your guitarist. I remember because I learned one of your songs.

I ended up buying it though. Ha, it sounds killer, I think I'll sell my crate and keep the marshall XD

Oh yeah?

Your name does sound familiar...
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Heh, too late, already bought it. Do have a stupid question though... i've only ever owned 1 half stack and this was back when I was using guitar cables as stereo cords! Ugh, anyway, it has two inputs on the back, and is switchable from mono to stereo. It says however, to only use 1 input. I'm assuming this is for mono? If I want to use all the speakers, I plug into both inputs, correct? My TBX head is mim 4 ohms output, so i'm assuming it can push 8 (it's 150w head, so) I should be plugging in both inputs right?

Just making sure before I blow something up.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

No. Stereo means you can split up the source by plugging a separate head into each side, or if you have stereo effects, you can use it to pan delays back and forth between each side.

Mono will play through all 4 speakers with one cable. Technically, it's not bad to plug into both sides when it's switched to stereo, but there's no advantage to doing so, as long as you adjust the ohms on your amp accordingly.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by ReinventingEvil
May try and resell it. Unless it does metal well.

YES!!!
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!