I have a 2002 Washburn X50...

And I'm considering buying this Custom Epiphone Les Paul: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Custom-106070139-i1168180.gc

This may be a dumb question, but I'm wondering how big of an upgrade would this be? I'm getting a good deal on the guitar and I know the history of Epiphone, so I know what I'm getting.

I play mostly rock, punk rock, pop punk, alternative sort of music, no metal or blues much.

I'm just wondering if this would be better suited for my style of music, and how much better this guitar actually is compared to my Washburn. I'm using a Peavy VYPR 30W amp. Appreciate any help I can get from people who are familiar with Epiphones!
Epis are good, solid guitars. You might change out the pickups, but as a workhorse you can't go wrong
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
You would say it is definitely an upgrade though right? I feel like it's a solid guitar.
It's really for you to decide. Have you played one?
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
x50 or x50pro?

if it's a pro i'd say it's a step sideways if not even a downgrade (going to the epi, i mean)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
x50 or x50pro?

It's just an x50. I know the only difference is the duncan pickups and I for sure don't have those in my washburn.
well if that is the only difference, then i'd still say it's a step sideways
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?