My new Bc Rich has a really annoying fret buzz when i play an open string especially when in drop d how can i fix this
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Raise the action a bit. See if that helps.

how would i do that ?im a beginner so i dont really know alot of guitar terms
Sounds like your nut action is too low. There's not much you can do about it, other than either replace the nut itself, shim it, or to put a piece of paper under the string in the nut slot to raise the string. But that's only a temporary solution.

It could also be the string gauge being too small. Detuning the low E to D can cause fret buzz if your strings are too light.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 2, 2012,
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Okay. Do you have a whammy bar?

Nope they just get in the imo id rather bend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Sounds like your nut action is too low. There's not much you can do about it, other than either replace the nut itself, shim it, or to put a piece of paper under the string in the nut slot to raise the string. But that's only a temporary solution.

It could also be the string gauge being too small. Detuning the low E to D can cause fret buzz if your strings are too light.

What is the exact name for the nut? And i already ordered 11 guage ernie balls soo ill see after that if its anybetter
Slacken the strings first and only raise them a little, re-tune and see how it sounds.

I take it the buzz is audible through the amp?
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
Slacken the strings first and only raise them a little, re-tune and see how it sounds.

I take it the buzz is audible through the amp?

which way do i spin? and no its when i play without an amp