I've really been liking the look of the newer Fender Marauder guitars. Plus, the pickup configuration looks pretty versatile. However, they're made in China, and I've heard they're made in the same factory as squiers. That's my issue with it. Has anyone had experience with it, is it a quality instrument? I'm not expecting American Deluxe Strat quality, but I'd at least like it to be reliable. Tell me what you think of them.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
The quality of Fender's Chinese guitars (even Squiers) has gotten way better in the past couple of years. I've got a Squier CV 50s Strat that I chose over several Mexican-made ones I tried out at Guitar Center.
Quote by ThrashMetal014
I've really been liking the look of the newer Fender Marauder guitars. Plus, the pickup configuration looks pretty versatile. However, they're made in China, and I've heard they're made in the same factory as squiers. That's my issue with it. Has anyone had experience with it, is it a quality instrument? I'm not expecting American Deluxe Strat quality, but I'd at least like it to be reliable. Tell me what you think of them.

For the difference in price you could get 2 and upgrade them to better than Deluxe Strat hardware.

I play my MIC Squier more than any of my other guitars, including at shows. Yeah, it needed a luthier's set-up including a neck shim, and yeah, I had to replace 2 broken tuning machine housings (with Deluxe lockers). And yeah, I replaced the crappy single coils with a pair of hot humbuckers, and the electronics with Fender parts off a Deluxe.

In many ways that $125 Squier is better than the other guitars, some of which retailed for more than 10 times what I paid for the Squier.

So the Marauder might not be bad. Just don't buy it without trying it out first.
Yeah, I know that there was a member here that picked up one a few weeks ago. Try using hte search function. I can't remember his name.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi