I will be interviewing Ian MacKaye for UG (!!) in a few weeks. This is a thread separate from the Fugazi thread, although perhaps most pertaining to Fugazi (out of minor threat, fugazi, and the evens, fugazi takes the cake for me).

What would you like to be asked of Ian? Guitar-related or otherwise, the interview is for UG users, and that's you guys. This seemed like the spot to post it.

note I got permission from the mods to make a separate thread.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
I'd be curious to hear his thoughts on the future of dischord and whether or not they'll ever strive to put out bands beyond the main DC area.

I'd Also be interested in his thoughts on his other fugazi members recent works (Joe lally's solo albums, Guy's work with vic chesnutt, Brendan canty's film work, etc...)

and lastly I'd be curious what kinds of music currently inspire him.
That's pretty cool, man

Definitely ask him about his thoughts on the current state of hardcore, or punk, or whatever, and if he's heard or seen any bands recently that have really impressed him. Maybe ask if an Evens tour may be possible in the near future. Since there have been a few of them recently, perhaps also ask if Dischord plans to reissue/remaster/reissue anymore of their back catalogue soon, or if they're strictly focusing on newer releases and the Fugazi Live Series. Speaking of which, I guess you could ask for an update on how that endeavour's going. Finally, tell him to pass my love on to Guy
Last edited by IommiPage at Feb 3, 2012,
1) What's this, the indie cats are stealin' our punk heroes?
2) Ask him when Fugazi are getting back together, damn it!
That's pretty fucking cool, I love Ian.

Wish I had cool questions, all mine are just about 80's hardcore, and they have been answered a million times already.
"What is the process of selecting shows for the Live Series like? How are you deciding what gets released when? Is there any show that you've come across and aren't looking forward to it being released?"

that last part might be a terrible question.
Why are corporations being so corporationy?

Seriously though, I'd probably like to know what kind of music he listens to nowadays and what he thinks of modern hardcore/punk. However, we all know that the interview will just end up being him ranting about corporations so why bother.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
I'm hoping the interview won't end up like that, nor get cut short, I currently have a lot of questions planned (30 ish, plus follow ups depending on answers), so I could see it getting cut short easily. But I'll try to ask everything you guys want to ask him.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
Interview should be published tomorrow. Everyone's Qs should be answered - even though I didn't ask them all, Ian answers everything beyond thoroughly.
Quote by casualty01

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
Piping up to say that was a great interview. The bit about Vic Chesnutt, especially.