Poll Options
View poll results: Which one is worse?
Being raped.
40 32%
Being murdered.
84 68%
Voters: 124.
Page 1 of 3
I saw some people debating this on UG a while back, and thought I'd ask the Pit at large.
If the violence of one raises in proportion with the other, what's worse, being raped or being murdered? Why?
Poll incoming.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Goddammit.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
being murdered isnt as bad as being raped. because when youre raped, you gon get raped, but if youre murdered youre still gon get raped
That's tough. Rape obviously has its fair share of unfortunate consequences, but being murdered means, obviously, that you'd be dead. It's obviously difficult to deal with rape and its long term effects, but at least they're alive, right? Being violated in the worst way sucks but at least you still have a chance to live your life... Not well, necessarily (not well for a very long time), but it's better than no life at all.
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
Raped. The victim has to live with that.

...At least they get to live though?
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Rape isn't the end all result. You can still bring yourself up from the ruins. Murder is an end all result. Murder ends the life of someone who is cared for, they're not coming back, and they cannot have a second chance.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Might get shit for saying this, but I think it's kind of an overreaction to say Rape because people have to live and suffer with the psychological effects of it afterwards. People have gone on to live fulfilling and happy lives after being raped.

I think part of it is just the emotional disgust for rapists that creates bias in people's answers.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
...At least they get to live though?

Who cares? If you're dead, you're dead. You can't even feel sad that you're no longer alive, because you're dead. Rape is the only choice where you personally feel the effects as the victim.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by DonGlover
Who cares? If you're dead, you're dead. You can't even feel sad that you're no longer alive, because you're dead. Rape is the only choice where you personally feel the effects as the victim.

And plenty of people have overcome those effects to go onto live long fulfilling lives. People who are murdered don't get that chance.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by The Madcap
Might get shit for saying this, but I think it's kind of an overreaction to say Rape because people have to live and suffer with the psychological effects of it afterwards. People have gone on to live fulfilling and happy lives after being raped.

I think part of it is just the emotional disgust for rapists that creates bias in people's answers.

Exactly. What's worse too, your family knowing you've been raped or your family living without one of them because they've been killed? There's more to this than just the victim as well.

Honestly, rape is horrible, but people have lived with far worse. Severe burn victims (especially those caused by drunk driving) have it FAR worse, as one of the many examples. Rape is terrible, but as someone said, it isn't the end-all.
Last edited by Pagan_Poetry at Feb 2, 2012,
Quote by The Madcap

Thank you. You'd think that people who've been raped are basket-cases unable to ever recover by the way it gets talked about in this forum.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by DonGlover

Yeah, you don't feel sad after you're dead but that's not really relevant. I mean, is it alright if I kill you right now, since you won't care either way afterward? Generally it's human nature to want to continue to live, regardless of whether shitty stuff happens to you or not.
Quote by The Madcap

QFT.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by WCPhils
And plenty of people have overcome those effects to go onto live long fulfilling lives. People who are murdered don't get that chance.

But you're dead, so it doesn't matter to you. You see what I'm saying? Life only matters when you're alive.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
Yeah, you don't feel sad after you're dead but that's not really relevant. I mean, is it alright if I kill you right now, since you won't care either way afterward? Generally it's human nature to want to continue to live, regardless of whether shitty stuff happens to you or not.

Of course I wouldn't want you to kill me, but that's only because I'm alive. But looking at this issue in retrospect, rape is worse for the victim than murder.
A SIGNATURE.
Last edited by DonGlover at Feb 2, 2012,
Quote by Nelsean
Rape isn't the end all result. You can still bring yourself up from the ruins. Murder is an end all result. Murder ends the life of someone who is cared for, they're not coming back, and they cannot have a second chance.

This is the way I see it. There's (probably) nothing there for you after you're dead, and I think it's best to try and heal yourself after rape than be dead. Not to mention the pain that all of your friends and family feel once you die, if you're murdered.

Quote by The Madcap

Not relevant to the thread, but you're my threadstarter hero and I made this thinking of you. You may interpret that as creepily as you wish.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
I'd say murder, simply because people can bounce back from that. Not saying it's easy, that everyone does, or that rape isn't serious. But if someone is raped, there's opportunities for them to recover and lead a healthy life. Murder: you don't have a choice of whether or not to carry on.
i've raped and murdered hundreds of people and none of them complained afterwards, i don't know why people act like it's so bad
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Goddammit.

I just wanted you to know that this was my exact reaction to opening the thread.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by stratdud39
wat

thats how i feel about this thread. i honestly feel like its a bunch of nautical nonsense. if you were a rape victim and you honestly feel like you would rather be dead, then go kill yourself you ungrateful bitch. if you were killed at an age where you still had a life ahead of you, and god said you can come back to earth, on one condition, you gon get raped... idk how to finish that thought, actually...
Quote by DonGlover
Of course I wouldn't want you to kill me, but that's only because I'm alive. But looking at this issue in retrospect, rape is worse for the victim than murder.

Well that's just a silly way to look at it though
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
thats how i feel about this thread. i honestly feel like its a bunch of nautical nonsense. if you were a rape victim and you honestly feel like you would rather be dead, then go kill yourself you ungrateful bitch. if you were killed at an age where you still had a life ahead of you, and god said you can come back to earth, on one condition, you gon get raped... idk how to finish that thought, actually...

....Dude, WAT?
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake

It's an absurd question in the first place.
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by The Madcap

+1
Quote by GodofCheesecake

....Dude, WAT?

bro, calm down. the point i was trying to make was if you were raped, and you would rather have been murdered, it would make less sense than if you were murdered and would rather have been raped.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
if you were a rape victim and you honestly feel like you would rather be dead, then go kill yourself you ungrateful bitch.

This might well be the most disgusting thing I've ever read, anywhere. And not in a fun "har har isn't The Pit full of crap" way.

You are appalling on so many levels, words can't describe.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Life>Death
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
I would love to get raped by a group of gorgeous ladies
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by blizzboy
Life>Death

They're not comparable to me. Birth and death are comparable. Life is something of its own.
A SIGNATURE.
If I'm dead how am I supposed to kill the guy who raped me?

If it's a chick well no complaints, just toss it in with those many black out drunk nights.
Quote by seeneyj
I would love to get raped by a group of gorgeous ladies

Silly, girls can't rape. Only disgusting men can.
___

Quote by The_Blode
my classmate's aunt makes $74 every hour on the laptop. She has been without work for 10 months but last month her paycheck was $7230 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this site...NuttyRich.com
Quote by holcomb4
my classmate's aunt makes $74 every hour on the laptop. She has been without work for 10 months but last month her paycheck was $7230 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this site...NuttyRich.com

Your classmate's stupid bitch of an aunt is the reason why we have a recession.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Your classmate's stupid bitch of an aunt is the reason why we have a recession.

Yeah, let's rape and murder her.
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by MrFlibble
This might well be the most disgusting thing I've ever read, anywhere. And not in a fun "har har isn't The Pit full of crap" way.

You are appalling on so many levels, words can't describe.

why? im not really thinking out my posts today, im on a horrible mood.
i can see some rape victoms wanting to kill themselves, but there are many that went on to live fulfilling lives. i dont believe these two topics should be compared at all. being killed is something that doesnt have much room for variation in levels of how bad it was. rape does. it can be raped by a person you are dating, or a complete stranger in the park. it can be insanely brutal and it can be just scary.
why you mad bro?
Quote by DonGlover
Yeah, let's murder and rape her.

fixed
___

Quote by The_Blode
Page 1 of 3