my rig consists of 1 head and 2 cabs. Is there anything I can do/buy that will allow me to play through both simultaneously but be able "turn off" either cab at will? I want to be able to pan from side to side and be able to give a really strong punch when coming out of soft sections live.
Just going to say now, this is something I though up on the spot so feel free to shoot me down if it won't work.

Assuming your head can support both cabs you can probably throw a pedal in the chain going between either cab. The pedal I would suggest would have to have a mute function (ex. Boss- NOS2), it should do exactly what you want. Downside is you would have to stomp on each pedal individually to mute one side and turn it on again.
Huuuuuuge NO to both of those ideas. If you ran an amps signal through that ehx thing you'd have a dead pedal and possibly a blown head. Same with a boss pedal.

I don't really think you can do what you want without a stereo amp or two amps :/
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Huuuuuuge NO to both of those ideas. If you ran an amps signal through that ehx thing you'd have a dead pedal and possibly a blown head. Same with a boss pedal.

I don't really think you can do what you want without a stereo amp or two amps :/

+311 not a bright idea
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You could do it with a Radial headbone. It's quite expensive but it's pretty much the only way to do it. The EXH or Boss unit suggested earlier are line-level units and will blow up immediately if you try to use them between a head and cab.
the headbone is for playing with 2 heads through a single cab. I know cabones will allow you to switch between 2 cabs, but will not allow both cabs at once as far as I know. its the closest thing I've been able to find on the matter.