Hey guys I'm currently in a band and our stuff is coming along real well together and were going to start playing shows soon. I currently have a Line 6 spyder III 15 watt amp really small i know! my other guitar player has a peavy valve king 100 head with a mesa boogie 4x12 400 watt cabinet. I'm looking for something that will be loud enough to keep pace with his bundle for under $1000. were a post-hardcore/metalcore band. I've been looking alot in to orange amps i like that they have a very unique almost bright tone so i've been looking into getting the orange cabinet but what head should i get or what bundles would you guys suggest and also a good distortion or feedback reducing pedal as well.
get a used jcm800, they sound great coming out of an orange cab
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
I'm not really a metal guy but the standards seem to be a 6505+, or a used dual rectifier. Also a 4x12 is not twice as loud as a 2x12 so you may wish to consider that.

The standard peadals with the 6505+ are a noisegate and a tubescreamer of some sort. I can't help with the noisegate but for the tubescreamer look into ibanez ts9, digitech bad monkey, and a bbe green screamer.
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
Quote by gerraguitar
get a used jcm800, they sound great coming out of an orange cab

ya but those are like 2k lol something alittle cheaper haha i'm working in a restaurant to make money for this doing slave labor haha.
Noisegate of choice seems to be the ISP Decimator.

THe Orange TH30 head is pretty versatile and would compete pretty well.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by asb9pwns
ya but those are like 2k lol something alittle cheaper haha i'm working in a restaurant to make money for this doing slave labor haha.

you can get the heads for around $800, if people ask for more than that then they are hoping to get someone who will pay anything for them. I agree with you, theyre not a cheap amp, but if you do enough surfing you'll find it.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Quote by gerraguitar
you can get the heads for around $800, if people ask for more than that then they are hoping to get someone who will pay anything for them. I agree with you, theyre not a cheap amp, but if you do enough surfing you'll find it.

alright i'll keep my eyes peeled, is there any good amp heads or cabinets that are good for around $500? i know the peavy valve king 100 is good.
If you go used there would be quite a few options. Egnater, Orange, Marshall...
I have the Tweaker 40 and it's bloody fantastic.
Bruce Egnater worked in stores and decided he couldn't get the tones he wanted so started modding then building amps. The Tweaker 40's got two identical channels with global EQ. The gain section has a dial per channel and switched for clean/hot, mid/cut and more - it allows you to get pretty diverse sounds.
Speaker outs are switchable - 4/8/16ohms. Effects loop, footswitch (channel/loop) and two master volumes.
Tweaker 40
Take a look at the Jet City Amps JCA50H, they're $600 new and even less used.

For cabs, you have a lot of options. The matching Jet City cab isn't bad, but a used Mesa 412 would be even better. You could also look at an Orange 412, or even custom options like Avatar, White Box Engineering, etc.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??