I have a Visual Sound One Spot and ive been planning on getting some boutique pedals but I looked at the One Spot compatibility chart and wasnt so sure. Can you use any pedal with the One Spot?
Yes, you can use a booteek pedal with the OneSpot, so long as it's powered by 9 volts DC.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by greeny23
boutique pedals need boutique power supplies.

+1

I hear Klon makes a good one. I think it's called the Centaur.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Depends on the power consumption of the pedal. Most are 9vDC, some are 9vAC and then there's 12v and 18v pedals, too in both AC and DC.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Yah, assuming it's 9vDC w/ negative tip, it will work just dandy-like. Most boutique pedals, that aren't vintage, use this kind of power supply. I've found it's the bigger companies or foreign factories (like Sovtek) that tend to use something that might be inconvenient, but that is still rare. Plenty of smaller builders (Fuzzhugger, Dwarfcraft) don't even have a 9v battery port. Those guys know what people actually use. The 1 spot is great, just so long as the pedals have negative tip configuration which, once again, is 99% of the time.

I'm curious, what pedals are you looking at?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
^ Adaptors can be bought for the plug ends. Some EHX pedals take different tips, these are catered for by OneSpot (Visual Sound from memory?)
Quote by Slap-happy
^ Adaptors can be bought for the plug ends. Some EHX pedals take different tips, these are catered for by OneSpot (Visual Sound from memory?)

Depends on the actual polarity of the unit. If it's an oddball EHX with positive tip but negative ground circuit, ya, that works. If it's a germanium Fuzz Face or something like that where it's a positive ground circuit, you'll short out the supply and kill it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
^f'real, vintage effects just mess with everything.

Quote by Slap-happy

Hey, look at that, it's even more convenient that I thought. I gotta get one of those for my Russian muff. it's the only pedal I'm running on a battery. And the other 9 or so run just fine on one One Spot. 1700mA is more than enough.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Feb 3, 2012,
Quote by mmolteratx
Depends on the actual polarity of the unit. If it's an oddball EHX with positive tip but negative ground circuit, ya, that works. If it's a germanium Fuzz Face or something like that where it's a positive ground circuit, you'll short out the supply and kill it.

Haven't used one so didn't know - sorry.
My US Big Muff runs fine off a OneSpot Adaptor with my power supply.