Just another video of a little improv I did today. I've been playing since July 2011 but I've added some new things, worked on the phrasing and the soul of my blues playing. I think it turned out pretty good despite some mistakes. Any feedback is very welcome and appreciated! Thank you very much and I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT497QeiBs4
Last edited by saxophonerod at Feb 5, 2012,
Oh, yeah! Also, could you please comment on my tone? I was messing around with the EQ the other day and I came across that sound, which sounds good to me. What's your opinion?
Great tone my man! If i had one gripe it would just be that your playing could use a bit more confidence and attack in the first half, just because it's slow doesn't mean you can't mean it!
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by ProphetToJables
Great tone my man! If i had one gripe it would just be that your playing could use a bit more confidence and attack in the first half, just because it's slow doesn't mean you can't mean it!

Thanks, man! I try to follow the music and sometimes it doesn't turn out very well. I guess that was the case. Thanks for the tip! These little pieces of advice really help!
Hey Rod! I checked out your thread because of your name since I play sax too, but usually I dont bother with threads that dont have (C4C) in them. In case you dont know, this stands for comment for comment and it lets people know that if they take time out of their day to listen to and critique your playing, you will do the same for them in one of their threads that they link you to. I'm going to comment anyway in the hopes that you will c4c me and start doing this with your threads!

As far as the actual video - cool jam! You have decent improv skills, and your playing/guitar reminds me of John Mayer a bit. One thing that I think you may find cool, is when you go to C4C for me, you will also find on my channel a video called "new ideas from the same old pentatonic scale" that I think you would like. Slow jams are the best - in my eyes it puts you as a well rounded guitarist to be able to create melodies that include hanging onto notes the way you do. As with nearly all improv - there is room for improvement as far as your phrasing goes. If you are unsure what I mean by this, then when you go to c4c for me, watch the video on my channel called "improvising tip 1/22/12" where I discuss phrasing in great detail.

Hope I helped!

C4C:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1517112
Quote by cm880999
Hey Rod! I checked out your thread because of your name since I play sax too, but usually I dont bother with threads that dont have (C4C) in them. In case you dont know, this stands for comment for comment and it lets people know that if they take time out of their day to listen to and critique your playing, you will do the same for them in one of their threads that they link you to. I'm going to comment anyway in the hopes that you will c4c me and start doing this with your threads!

As far as the actual video - cool jam! You have decent improv skills, and your playing/guitar reminds me of John Mayer a bit. One thing that I think you may find cool, is when you go to C4C for me, you will also find on my channel a video called "new ideas from the same old pentatonic scale" that I think you would like. Slow jams are the best - in my eyes it puts you as a well rounded guitarist to be able to create melodies that include hanging onto notes the way you do. As with nearly all improv - there is room for improvement as far as your phrasing goes. If you are unsure what I mean by this, then when you go to c4c for me, watch the video on my channel called "improvising tip 1/22/12" where I discuss phrasing in great detail.

Hope I helped!

C4C:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1517112

Thanks, man! You got the John Mayer thing right. He's a big influence in my guitar playing. I love his playing style in both blues and other genres.
I gotta work on my phrasing and licks, still not sounding the way I want.