I can't seem to find anything on this atm so here goes:

I was looking through here and there are TONS of lessons, yet there doesn't seem to be a thread or similar device that gives us a "Ultimate-Guitar.com Lesson a day" sort of approach to learning guitar or what have you.

How hard would it be to get one together if one hasn't already be done? If not too hard, and not already done, anyone willing to work on something like this?

What I mean by this is to take the best lessons, starting with the basics, and building a list that goes by the most basic and going out from there untill we reach the point you go beyond what can be taught in western music.

This is all 'cause I'm supper cheap and don't want to pay for local lessons lol.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
It would be cool but someone has to organize it.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
(Just now realizing I might have put this in the wrong forum, DOH!)

But I digress:

You're right JKHC, had I the knowledge of theory, I'd love to start it off, but my knowledge is scattered and thus why I wanted to see if there was such a thing. That way I could get free lessons without having to wade through the forums to see what I should start with... as I myself already have a good start, I just need to find a daily regiment and sit myself down into it where I left off in my personal quest to learn music theory and guitar. lol.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
The musician talk subforum already has an FAQ regarding theory.

If you just want lessons for a song or something, theres already plenty of those on youtube.

Honestly, would be surprised if somebody would be bothered to do this.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
there are SO many lessons here.
so many levels. all clearly marked.

I dont know why you would need one every day.

they would need to be archived, so a person could start from
lesson one, when they discover them.

and a person would need to contribute daily.
as if they had no life.

cant you just go into the lessons and find one that suits your need?

i know you dont want to pay for people's time,
but do they have to spoon feed it to you as well?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
LAMO... totally missed the point on this guys. I was just talking about taking the lessons we already have and basicly just archiving them a bit better. Basicly creating a database that labels it lesson 1, 2, 3... based on ...... n/m this is probably lost on you guys. I'd do it myself had I the background in coding and music required lol... wouldn't take too long, a few weeks of going at it a few hours a day, but meh... oh well, another good idea that goes down the drain.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Quote by Outside Octaves
LAMO... totally missed the point on this guys. I was just talking about taking the lessons we already have and basicly just archiving them a bit better. Basicly creating a database that labels it lesson 1, 2, 3... based on ...... n/m this is probably lost on you guys. I'd do it myself had I the background in coding and music required lol... wouldn't take too long, a few weeks of going at it a few hours a day, but meh... oh well, another good idea that goes down the drain.

There is nothing stopping you from doing that, you dont need any coding at all.

Most people have their own lives, and dont have a few weeks to sit and do something like this. You should be responsible for your own development, and if you dont know what to do then that's the time to get somebody to teach you.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by Outside Octaves

i didnt mean to be a hag about it.

it's just that, after running a daily thread here
for years, i know the type of time needed to accomplish
that.

and your post was a little meh...
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Here's the thing. I would gladly take lessons from someone, but I don't have that kind of money... Lessons are among the more expensive things in life . Thus why I was looking around for free lessons, with hopefully a "lesson a day" sort of approach. I know there are lessons on the lessons part of the site, but it's a jumble... and I haven't found one that doesn't have months of stuff to learn all in one thing... meh I dunno, oh well. Guess for now I'll just have to decifer this all on my own.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Quote by Outside Octaves
Here's the thing. I would gladly take lessons from someone, but I don't have that kind of money... Lessons are among the more expensive things in life . Thus why I was looking around for free lessons, with hopefully a "lesson a day" sort of approach. I know there are lessons on the lessons part of the site, but it's a jumble... and I haven't found one that doesn't have months of stuff to learn all in one thing... meh I dunno, oh well. Guess for now I'll just have to decifer this all on my own.

i've seen what youre looking for on other sites.

if you google, you'll see what i'm talking about.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62