Since I was a teenager, I always wanted to have long hair, but I couldn't do it because it's prohibited for men to have long hair in private schools, so I always had my hair cut very short. I could finally start letting it grow when I started college, but now I got a job and I have to cut it, after almost 4 years...

Young guys with long hair are uncommon in my area, so it kind of became my "trademark" after a while; I know it's stupid to be sad for such a thing, but believe me, it's not easy to get adapted to drastic changes like these.

Any of you guys ever felt like this after having long hair for a couple of years?
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
\_/

My care cup, it's empty.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Nope. Always had short hair.

My hair's thick, so if I let it grow out, I'm afraid the barber's going to have to purchase a lawnmower.
They are only making you get a hair cut for a job? Usually they make you cut them all.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Mine is thick and thin so i grow it out
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Why do you have to cut it?

I had long hair for years, I never had an employer who cared about it. So long as I kept it in good condition and (usually) tied back in a pony tail, I could do whatever I wanted with it.

Look at it this way: Women can have long hair without it causing a problem, so if an employer tries getting you to cut it off they are being sexist and discriminating against you.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Meh, i'm not very paranoid about my hair.

I used my hair pretty long for a few years. One day i just went to the barber and cut it like Eddie Vedder in this picture:

When i got home, my parents said that i looked like i just came from a Nazi concentration camp...

I used it like that, pretty short, for a couple of years. Since last year i'm using it longer.
But not too much, since i'm a lawyer and you have to maintain a certain "image". That doesn't stop me from looking like a bum when i don't shave.

My hair looks like this, right now:

Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Havent had mine cut in perhaps 3 years - geuss I need to get it short (seeking employment, looking weird cant help my chances) but I am apprehensive about the change, even though I reckon Ill like it better short once it has been done.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Well, I know there are some countries that let you have a job even with long hair, because you can sue them if they don't accept your beliefs or your image; but Mexico sucks in that kind of cultural aspects... there are some companies that won't give you a job even if your tattooes are completely hidden from public view. It sucks, but I can't do much
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
Getting my hair cut was a great idea. You don't realise how much hassle it is until it's gone
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Man, grow up and realise long hair on guys sucks. I had a long hair period too, but you have to let those things go.
My hair is so thick that, when it grows out, it grows into an afro.

Needless to say, I'm not allowed to grow my hair out.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Quote by jimmyled
Man, grow up and realise long hair on guys sucks. I had a long hair period too, but you have to let those things go.

I...I must admit something totally irrelevant popped up in my head.
I was very sad. I cut mine for money.

Me before:

Me now:

Needless to say, I look much sexier now. I get all the ladies.
My ponytail brings all the boys to the yard, the're like 'it's better than yours', damn right, it's better than yours, I could teach you but I'd have to charge.

My fluffy ponytail of gloriousness occasionally brings girls to the yard too, all too rarely though.
Quote by jimmyled

This
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Get a haircut, and get a real job

EDIT; mines been long for a long ass time, probably 7 or 8 years. I shaved it once and I've been cuttin a little bit off here and there just to maintain it and keep my cigarettes from burning them while I'm playing guitar. It's not like I care but it's hard to jam when my buddies house smells like burnt hair
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Last edited by bastards at Feb 3, 2012,