Poll: Naming your guitar: Cool, or not cool?
Poll Options
View poll results: Naming your guitar: Cool, or not cool?
Cool
46 34%
Not cool
88 66%
Voters: 134.
Page 1 of 3
If you are naming an ES335 or similarly classic guitar: ok

If you are naming your walmart starcaster: you fucking lame faggot
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I name all my guitars that I feel are unique, usually three letter names.

My original Squier Strat is Ted,
My custom-built Jazzmaster is Lou,
My Rickenbacker is Ric (that was a tough one).

I also have a Standard Tele that doesn't get a name, and a couple other guitars that are untitled.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
only my Strat has a name and it's Lucy
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
I have a classical I call Roma. It's the only one i've named because when I first played it it felt so good that I felt like she NEEDED a name.
My sig? Nice.
No. I find it extremely lame and retarded. And the people who do I have very little in common with. It's a bit tragic to name your guitar to be fair.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Hmm a bit of a mixed bag of responses. This poll was to proove a point to a friend...
Mine are named Blacky (because it's black) and Sieben (7 string).

2cool4school
One of mine's called Jessica. Only because somebody told me I had to name it.
Quote by GuitarGuyNack
I don't know if it's cool but it's pointless as is naming pipes and bongs.

I have 3 golliwogs that I named. That's probably as far as I'd go...
Quote by whoomit
One of mine's called Jessica. Only because somebody told me I had to name it.

If someone told you to jump off a bridge would you do it? Eh?!
I do it. I feel more personal to it, not even bullshittin' right now. My RR3 is Katrina.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
I guess I'm in the minority here. Personally, I like to name my guitars as I spend lots of time with them and I feel as if naming makes a greater connection with them. I equate it to naming a pet. You could just call your dog "dog" or even by its breed, but people tend not to go that route, and instead name them more creatively.
Quote by L2112Lif
I don't care what other people think about it, or if its cool. I do it to honor guitarists who have played a big part in shaping my sound and my music.

How does that honor them?
My guitar's name is Elizabeth.

There was a huge thread a couple years back in which everyone posted the name of their guitar. I guess it isn't cool anymore. I still don't care. I love my guitar. If you treat her good, she treats you good.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by metal4all

There was a huge thread a couple years back in which everyone posted the name of their guitar. I guess it isn't cool anymore. I still don't care. I love my guitar. If you treat her good, she treats you good.

I remember that. I thought it was actually pretty normal of guitarists because of that. But now this thread shows up and we appear to be in the minority.
Quote by metal4all

Ha! Your guitar's a chick. Mine's a hermaphrodite.
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
How does that honor them?

The exact same principle behind naming a bridge after someone. Every time I introduce myself on stage I also introduce my guitar and give a bit of history, and usually end up telling people to listen to or grab a copy of Hemispheres, In Through The Out Door, Live at Massey...

At the very least its a personal honor that gives the tools more purpose.
Quote by Fusionxtreme88
I remember that. I thought it was actually pretty normal of guitarists because of that. But now this thread shows up and we appear to be in the minority.
Weird, huh?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=986285
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by L2112Lif
The exact same principle behind naming a bridge after someone. Every time I introduce myself on stage I also introduce my guitar and give a bit of history, and usually end up telling people to listen to or grab a copy of Hemispheres, In Through The Out Door, Live at Massey...

lol you talk about your guitar on stage?
Quote by L2112Lif

The hell...
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by L2112Lif
Naw, I talk about the influence onstage. Its usually like, where I first heard X, and that you can hear X on A, B, and C, of my own work, and that X did outstanding work on Y album.

Quote by L2112Lif
Every time I introduce myself on stage I also introduce my guitar .

You were saying?
Quote by GuitarGuyNack
I don't know if it's cool but it's pointless as is naming pipes and bongs.

I named my pipe dragonpiss. Why? But I had another one named Serenity

For the record, I don't name my guitars. I share experiences with my guitars, but I prefer not to make bonds with them.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Last edited by bastards at Feb 3, 2012,
I don't care so long as you don't actively tell other people that you named your guitar and so on. At that point it's just like "hey! Hey! I'm a guitar player! Give me attention!!"
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Wow... People need to lighten up and try not to act so cool around the older 8th graders who smoke cigarettes behind the high school bleachers...

I've named each and every guitar I've owned... My Frankenstrat is Frankie, my Ibanez Iceman is Val Kilmer, my Dean ML was Squeaky (It's trem springs would squeak) and my cherry acoustic was Red (I was dating a red head at the time I called Red)

I like nicknames, I very rarely cal girlfriends by their names once we start getting serious, I usually get a pet name or something... Some with my guitars
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Last edited by IWasMaiden93 at Feb 3, 2012,
I am not cool. I name my guitars. Hence, naming your guitar is not cool.
Smile when you say that.
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
I feel better about fingering them while they sit near my balls if I name them after girls.

You seem to be accepting this as a substitute. That's too bad.

OT: Not cool. Something I allowed my high school girlfriend to do to my guitars, and have regretted ever since. Then again, she did name my PRS "Pikachu Peaches". Stupid bitch.
Hmmm...I don't know....perhaps you should ask Eric Clapton or B.B. King?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Hmmm...I don't know....perhaps you should ask Eric Clapton or B.B. King?

To be fair, "Blackie" isn't as much of a name as it is a slur.
Page 1 of 3