So here's the situation. I'll have around $2500 when i'm paid this Tuesday.

Right now there's a used Mesa Mark 3 head + 2x12 cab for $2200

http://perth.gumtree.com.au/c-Stuff-for-Sale-musical-instruments-guitars-guitar-amps-Mesa-Boogie-MkIII-Guitar-Amplifier-W0QQAdIdZ328947050

My other option which i've shown large interest in is the Mesa Mini rectifier + 1x12 mesa cab.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Rectifier_Series/Mini_Rectifier_25/miniRectifier25.html

This would be $2500 brand new. I've looked everywhere for a used but can't find one and anything Mesa is stupidly expensive in Australia.

A few things to note:

I play about 80% heavy metal. Lead in particular. About 20% classical too.

I play strictly at home. It will never be used under any other situation other than home use.

So what are your thoughts?
Last edited by vayne92 at Feb 3, 2012,
Definitely the Mark III.

Rectos are not really lead amps, though it can be done, but the Mark series slays them for anything lead oriented. Plus, the Mark III is just a great amp in general and though I haven't heard the Mini Recto yet, I'm sure it'll sound much more full, because of the bigger power section (opposed to the wimpy EL-84s in the Mini) and the 2x12 cab.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
If I didn't get a JSX I'd probably would have gotten a mark iii.

You need to figure out which stripe you want though, theres like 5 of them.
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
If I didn't get a JSX I'd probably would have gotten a mark iii.

You need to figure out which stripe you want though, theres like 5 of them.

Well the mark 3 is used so... I don't really have a choice of the one i want
Quote by vayne92
Well the mark 3 is used so... I don't really have a choice of the one i want

Well if you want a more diverse amp I'd go with the mark iii, but find out what stripe that one is.

Also the rectifier is a very good metal amp, but it's not really diverse. At least the one I played didn't really have much to the clean channel, it was alright, but not amazing and definitely not as good as a mark iii (from what I hear, I never got to play a mark iii). I should also add that this is me talking about a dual rectifier head, not a mini.
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Feb 3, 2012,
Mark III

more versatile than a Recto in terms of the different styles you can pull off on I. Plusi always like how much they can sound.

The only reason I'd get a Recto over a Mark would be for that recto sag, which I'm not sure if the Mini Recto can pull off convincingly.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.