Hi,

Does anyone know when PRS are releasing/making available the SE Custom 24 2012 Spec in the UK?

Planning to try one out to buy and just wanted to know how long till I can get my hands on it.

Steve
Gear:
SQ Custom 1, Washburn G-JRVs x3, Yamaha ERG121C, Samick Interceptor, Encore Acoustic, Vintage 5 String Bass, Unbranded Red Bass.
Line 6 SpiderII Halfstack, Laney/Carlsboro Halfstack.
Crybaby,Whammy,Flanger,Stage Tuner,Tremolo,Bass Overdrive
It's already out.
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/prs-se-custom-24-limited-electric-guitar-whale-blue--89056

I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat if i had the money right now.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
That's the 2011 spec one - I'm looking for the release date for this one that they've just revealed at NAMM -

http://www.prsguitars.com/secustom24/
Gear:
SQ Custom 1, Washburn G-JRVs x3, Yamaha ERG121C, Samick Interceptor, Encore Acoustic, Vintage 5 String Bass, Unbranded Red Bass.
Quote by punkguitarist01
That's the 2011 spec one - I'm looking for the release date for this one that they've just revealed at NAMM -

http://www.prsguitars.com/secustom24/

The guitar on that link is exactly the guitar for sale at Digital Village (which i posted a link to).
Come on, read the description at the store website. It's clearly the same SE Custom 24 from the PRS website.

Here's the same guitar, but in 3-color sunburst (instead of whale blue):
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/prs-se-custom-24-electric-guitar-tri-color-sunburst--82905
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Nope, I'm looking for the release date for the new spec version with a push-pull pot, a slightly curved top and also a 5 way selector switch instead of a three way like on the models on dv247. I realise looking at the specs on the PRS site that they haven't been fully updated yet, but the video on there explains what's new. Plus on the whale blue one (which is the one I would prefer to get) it has black knobs instead of the orange coloured knobs, makes no difference to the guitar, it's just what I like better out of the two.
Gear:
I've been inquiring myself. Can't make up my mind if I'll get the new Custom 24 or the updated Orianthi model, either way I've been told the same dates for both, by several shops: don't expect the 2012 PRS SEs to turn up until the end of April at the earliest. Except the black version of the new Dave Navarro SE model, which apparently is already sitting in a few shops. Though that one doesn't have the new blade switch, which blows.

And n1ckn1ce is correct, the blade switch on the 2012 model is still a 3-way. You're not getting any extra switching options there, it's just a change from the toggle style of switch to a blade style of switch. The push-pull handles the coil splitting. To get coil splitting in on a 5-way blade switch you need to use what's known as a super-5-way switch, which is expensive for these student models. Hence the SEs have a 3-way blade and a push-pull instead of a 5-way.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Its a 3 way...

Ah my bad, I thought it was a 5 way just from the look but after watching the video again I can see it's a 3 way.

Bring on the end of April then. It'll probably take me till then to save up for it anyway as I've run out of other bits of guitar gear to sell and it's almost MOT time again
Gear:
Quote by punkguitarist01
Nope, I'm looking for the release date for the new spec version with a push-pull pot, a slightly curved top and also a 5 way selector switch instead of a three way like on the models on dv247. I realise looking at the specs on the PRS site that they haven't been fully updated yet, but the video on there explains what's new. Plus on the whale blue one (which is the one I would prefer to get) it has black knobs instead of the orange coloured knobs, makes no difference to the guitar, it's just what I like better out of the two.

Oh, ok. I didn't watch the video, so i was using only the spec sheet on the PRS website as reference, which seems to have been copy/pasted by the store, so it's still the same guitar.

They added a push-pull pot and a slightly curved top? Even better than the 2011 version.
Damn, guess i'll have to start saving up for another PRS...
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Yea I seriously want one of these to replace my guitars. I'm going to sell mine to fund it.
Fender Contemporary Stratocaster, MIJ, SSS pups, white, maple neck
ESP M-100FM, dark red, flamed maple
Crate V33 212 Tube Combo (O'l reliable)

And various effects used for inter-dimensional space travel
Wouldnt it have less sustain? The 2012 because it's lighter?
Might be stupid question.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
My 2011 has coil tapping with the pickups I put in it
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Quote by Dr Sixstring
Might be stupid question.
Weight and sustain have nothing to do with each other. Although it's true that guitars made of very dense (heavier) wood do tend to sustain a string's vibration for longer, that isn't always the case. For example, various cheap Les Paul copies vs a semi-hollow Gibson ES-335.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Grabbing one as soon as they're released I hope. I asked PRSGuitars on Twitter, they (or whoever is managing the Twitter account) said "I'm hearing June". So yeah, not yet apparently. So yeah overall I'd go with May-June ish.
PRS SE Custom 22 <3
Fender Stratocaster '57 RI
Fender Super Champ XD
Tanglewood TW115 CW
I was wondering about the pickups on the 2012 model. The one in the video is different from the one on their site i.e :Treble Pickup PRS Designed SE HFS Treble
Bass Pickup PRS Designed SE Vintage Bass
they look like the traditional custom 24 pick ups which aren't the same as the ones in the video.
Also, i love the colour combo on the one in the vid(with the natural polish at the back) but i haven't seen it on the other models in the store. would they be releasing one with that option?
And any idea on the price? I'v heard its around 1,035.17 USD . im hoping they reduce it a bit since custom 24's SHOULD be in the comparitively affordable range .
blinkonce
1k for an SE custom? It'll probably be the same price as the old one.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Should be , but thats what I heard from the store here. i cannot wait for it! but i just dont understand why they did not put the coil tap on the standard custom 24 and put it on the student edition instead!
blinkonce
Last edited by blinkonce at Mar 25, 2012,
Quote by blinkonce
Should be , but thats what I heard from the store here. i cannot wait for it! but i just dont understand why they did not put the coil tap on the standard custom 24 and put it on the student edition instead!
Because the ''full'' Custom 24 doesn't need it. The Custom 24 has a 5-way switch which includes coil split tones. The SE Custom 24 has a 3-way switch, so it needs an extra control to get the split tones.
A small number of the NEW 2012 PRS SE's have arrived in the UK! We are delighted to have had the opportunity to be one of the first PRS Main Dealers to receive them and they are fantastic.

Here are a few photos of the SE Custom's:

AND the Dave Navarro:

PRS SE Custom 24 2012 Spec here

PRS SE Dave Navarro here

We will be taking photos tomorrow and they will hopefully be on our website and Facebook tomorrow evening

If anyone has any questions about these models, please do not hesitate to ask and we will be delighted to help.
Oh this is lovely (the advertising aside).... crossing my fingers the delivery to Europe will soon follow (as I've had mine ordered for a few months now)!
PRS SE Custom 22 <3
Fender Stratocaster '57 RI
Fender Super Champ XD
Tanglewood TW115 CW