Is there any way I can export the sounds which come with sibelius 6 into cubase to use as virtual instruments?
Why the eff would you want to do that they sound horrible

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Why the eff would you want to do that they sound horrible

Sibelius 6 sounds = better than my cubase ones
Yes I think you just export it as a MIDI track and open it with Cubase.
I don't know what these people are talking about - I like the sounds on my Cubase 5 - I think the Halion 1 is a pretty good VST.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Its only a good VST if you haven't tried other VSTs.

LOL that's cool man - I'm not very experienced with computer recording stuff but I know how to do what the OP is asking
get sonatina until you can get some real nigga vsts griff
modes are a social construct
Imma listen to ma main man Hail and get maself some sonatina, I ain't listenin' to dem trick ass hoes tellin' me to spend dollaz on some goddamn software
You could spend some pounds

@Matt: you're suggesting the midi track... whereas griff would need the midi track and the sounds from within sibelius to actually be used in cubase.

@griff... you really don't like halion's sounds? True, they're somewhat iffy. Find a copy of sonar 7 producer - this will give you a pocket version of Garritan - though not the greatest (compared to VSL or East West) but it'll get the authentic job done. It's older than the new ones - so it'll be very very cheap right now. Otherwise spend some money on Halion string edition. Or wear an eyepatch.
So the reason you can't use the Sibelius sounds is because it's locked in its own proprietary format. The samples are not packed as .wavs, which any sampler would be able to take in and use.

And guys, this bugs the crap out of me every single time: THESE ARE NOT VSTS. I mean, they can be, but calling them VSTs is a big misnomer. VST is a format of interface medium, analogous to audio formats: wav, aiff, mp3, ogg, flac, etc. But what we're actually referring to the end category, which is VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTS, or VIs. If we were talking about a reverb or compressor plugin, those also exist in VST formats, but that end category is called DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSORS, or DSPs.

The problem is that while you guys might certainly be using these things in the VST format on your basic Windows DAW, they don't always exist as such. On Mac OSX, the AU format is preferred. And how about on Pro Tools in either OS's? That uses the RTAS format. So come on, get your terms straight!

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
So the reason you can't use the Sibelius sounds is because it's locked in its own proprietary format. The samples are not packed as .wavs, which any sampler would be able to take in and use.

And guys, this bugs the crap out of me every single time: THESE ARE NOT VSTS. I mean, they can be, but calling them VSTs is a big misnomer. VST is a format of interface medium, analogous to audio formats: wav, aiff, mp3, ogg, flac, etc. But what we're actually referring to the end category, which is VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTS, or VIs. If we were talking about a reverb or compressor plugin, those also exist in VST formats, but that end category is called DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSORS, or DSPs.

The problem is that while you guys might certainly be using these things in the VST format on your basic Windows DAW, they don't always exist as such. On Mac OSX, the AU format is preferred. And how about on Pro Tools in either OS's? That uses the RTAS format. So come on, get your terms straight!

i was wondering if someone was going to call me out on that
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Don't think so, unless Cubase can run XMT files.

yes,that's right. (Invalid img)
well i guess i don't get to use sonatina, thinks for guinea pig'ing griff.