Hey guys/girls I have a simple question of opinion.

When tabbing songs by bands that have only 1 guitarist but the songs have been multi tracked to have lead and rhythm guitar, does it or does it not make sense to have both parts tabbed out when tabbing out the full song?
I also think it does too. If you say you are tabbing out the full song (but i'm being specific when I say bands with 1 guitar player) the song has layered tracks like lead/rhythm and harmonized riffs, it makes sense to tab all the parts if its the whole song being written.
Definitely, i always label guitar 1 and guitar 2 even if the band has 1 guitarist but multi tracked guitars, some people are disagreeing with that logic.
Most bands have multi-tracked guitars. It makes absolute sense to track all of the guitars in the song, I always do even if it turns out there's 8+ guitar tracks.
yes, you are right. but the thing is, he doesn't do both lead and rythem at the same time, like he has some lead riffs, then rthym and how would you play both of them together at once?
Obviously YOU cant play them at ONCE, it's called Tablature, you TAB out all recorded guitar parts regardless if its 2,3 or 4(different) guitar tracks recorded by 1 guitarist.
Quote by zjcl1
yes, you are right. but the thing is, he doesn't do both lead and rythem at the same time, like he has some lead riffs, then rthym and how would you play both of them together at once?

What your talking about is my tab of "This Is Home" your contesting that I should NOT have tabbed out the intro acoustic rhythm guitar chords that go UNDERNEATH the lead guitar line, simply because the band has 1 guitarist, that doesn't make sense.

By that logic your implying, by example if i were to tab out hmm let's go with "Holiday" by Green Day a song that clearly has multiple guitar tracks, it would not make sense to tab out more than one?
tabs are ment for you to play the guitar to sound like the guitarist that wrote the song, and so you kno, green day has 2 guitarist in the band already. where blink-182 has only 1, so if a cover band with only one guitarist wanted to play this song. how would they be able to play that with your tab? so if you wanted to play your tab live with only one guitarist, what would you play? your tab helps only 2 guitarist bands, not just 1, which the blink-182 songs are ment to be played with only 1 guitarist.
what would you play if you only had 1 guitarist in your band, what would you play for this song?
^You would arrange it properly for live playing. Example, if there's two harmonizing lead guitars and two harmonizing Rhythm guitars playing at the exact same time, you should choose to cut out both rhythm guitars altogether. Or in your case with one guitarist, you would play the root lead, not the 3rd/5th/7th harmony that corresponds with the root lead (usually the higher bit, sometimes the lower bits) or just scrap the lead altogether if you want to eliminate it from the live version of the song.

Pick and choose, like Guitar Skater said.
zjcl1 is mad that I tabbed a blink 182 song with 2 guitars, 1 lead and one rhythm, because that's what is going on in the specific song.
but what parts of your tab would you play if you only have one guitarist in your band?
all parts should be tabbed, it's up to the guitarist to figure out the best way to play the song live if they are the only guitarist.