I've been after a Tele for a while, and I'm sure there's a few people on here who are absolutely sick of hearing me talk about it.

So I finally bit the bullet, and while I won't be eating this month, I'm pretty ecstatic.

The obligatory case shot

What you are looking at is a 1974 Telecaster Custom

That's one snazzy looking pickup. The neck ain't bad either.

I really just bought it for the headstock

I first tried this one out a while backand thought it was the best guitar I'd ever played. It was way out of my price range though, and I was bummed when it disappeared from the shop. Months later it showed up again, apparently someone had put it on layaway. I've been saving up since then, and finally brought her home today.

Completely stock with the exception of the case and ashtray cover. I'm definitely hanging on to this one. Plays like an absolute dream, neck is thicker C with very little fretwear and some nice subtle grain in the wood. Neck humbucker is just fantastic, great for pushing an amp a little further than the usual lipstick single coil. The bridge is that classic tele twang. It sounds best through my Bassman, though the bridge through the vibrolux is the brightest thing I've ever heard.

All in all, a sweet guitar, this one's definitely a keeper.
that looks awesome! the ashtray cover is so classy haha. HNGD! Enjoy it!
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Y00p
Sweet!

Now take off that ashtray.

Ashtray bridge = teh sex.

Nice, Bassam. Glad you finally did it
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Which is exactly what you should be doing, anyway...

Yeah, they look classy I guess, but I can't imagine myself ever keeping one on there....
Last edited by Y00p at Feb 3, 2012,
Quote by denied
It looks like a lesson in proper ashtray etiquette is in order

1) Ashtrays must be present during any kind of photoshoot.

2) No one actually keeps them on while playing, they don't really do anything, and they tend to get in the way

Looks like it would make a brilliant hand rest though But then again it's at the expense of getting that really trebly sound when you pick down by the bridge.

Lovely looking guitar.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Hot dang, nice new tele denied.

A bit of a coincidence, I just tried that same guitar ( in the same colour but with a Joe Barden bridge and bridge pup) yesterday.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I've never been a huge fan of Tele Customs, but Bassam, that looks incredibly tasty. HNGD man
Very shiny. It's in ridiculous condition for a guitar that old. I'd feel bad playing it for fear of damaging something so rare. Now take that stupid ash tray cover off. Don't even know where mine are.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by ragingkitty
Hot dang, nice new tele denied.

A bit of a coincidence, I just tried that same guitar ( in the same colour but with a Joe Barden bridge and bridge pup) yesterday.

You should probably go back and buy that guitar

Quote by telemetal
I've never been a huge fan of Tele Customs, but Bassam, that looks incredibly tasty. HNGD man

Quote by mmolteratx
Very shiny. It's in ridiculous condition for a guitar that old. I'd feel bad playing it for fear of damaging something so rare. Now take that stupid ash tray cover off. Don't even know where mine are.

It's off it's off
I'm following proper ashtray etiquette.

And yeah, it's in absurdly nice condition, a few bumps here and there. Too bad it got separated from the original case though..
Always nice to run into a fellow redditor somewhere else
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by denied
You should probably go back and buy that guitar .

It was selling for S$4,500 in the store yesterday. Personally, I'd rather spend that on a new PRS.

Its nice no doubt... but between this and a new PRS, I'd go for the PRS.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
This isn't guitar gear, GTFO

Jks. HNGD bassam
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by ragingkitty
It was selling for S$4,500 in the store yesterday. Personally, I'd rather spend that on a new PRS.

That is way high. The most I've seen these priced at is 3,500, and I wouldn't pay anything near that for one...

Its nice no doubt... but between this and a new PRS, I'd go for the PRS.

We disagree there But totally different styles of guitar

Quote by Eppicurt
This isn't guitar gear, GTFO

Shush you! Have you seen the EG forums? They would tell me to get a schecter instead
Last edited by denied at Feb 4, 2012,
Singapore $s foo. That's around $3600 US. Plus everything is more expensive there.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Singapore $s foo. That's around $3600 US. Plus everything is more expensive there.

Thank you mmoleteratx
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )