Hey guys, I'm new here, and new to the whole 'music' thing in general.

I'm a 19 year old singer/songwriter/guitarist from Edinburgh-Scotland. My musical influences are probably the likes of the Arctic Monkeys, Glasvegas, The View, Oasis etc. But my musical taste is very varied, from the likes of the 60s bands such as the Beatles, The Who, The Kinks, The Small Faces, to 80s bands such as The Smiths and 90s bands such as the Stone Roses & Oasis. But I can't really say what I sound like, so don't worry if you aren't into any of these bands, I probably don't sound like any of them.

Anyway this is the first song I recorded from my computer, not the best quality ofc, but it's acceptable I suppose. It'd say it's my most pop-repetitive song, and was of the first songs I wrote when i learnt to play guitar (roughly a year ago), so the chords are fairly simple.

Anyway here is the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUtlHP6TVfc

I hate to be a excuse-making idiot, but I did actually have a bit of a cold when I recorded this, so a lot of my singing is a tad flat, and also, I had some syncing issues with the lead guitar, particularly around the solo. But it is the first song I've ever recorded, I hope to obviously overcome these issues lol.

Have a listen anyway, I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks for for viewing the thread
"Hey hey, my my. Rock and Roll can never die."
Quote by Silverpack
This would perfectly fit an add.

huh?
He is saying it would suit being the soundtrack for a TV ad.

It was bit repetitive for me
Yeah probably the lack of a rhythm section. and yeah it's my most pop-ish song by far.