im bout order some guitar cables, picks and electric guitar strings. ive heard that braided cables are noiseless? whats ur take on that? as i wud like to minimise unwanted noise. moreover which picks wud u recommend for shredding? nd which strings do most ppl use? im mostly into stuf lyk guns n roses metallica iron maiden etc
Cables are pretty important...you may want to splurge on those. As far as braided and whatnot, idk, but make sure its a quality cable. I personally use Jazz 3 carbon fiber picks, but picks are almost complete personal preference. Strings, kind of the same deal, but I base them on what you are tuned to. If you have lower tunings, get heavier gauge strings. Can't go wrong with a set of super slinks if you're in standard, though. You could also try the Ernie Ball Cobalt strings. I haven't tried them, but I've heard great things.
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Blue Royale
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
If you want a good cable, get one of the monster rock cables. But my 21 foot one was like $50. So it can cost you some money. I've never had any noise or trouble with it though.

Picks are total preference, but whatever you get, get heavy. I don't even know why they make thin picks. Should be around 2mm.

Just get some strings that are the gauge you want. (9's or 10's for standard tuning, higher if you're tuning lower.) I use Ernie Ball. Some people use Elixr. You'll eventually figure out what you like.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

what's the rest of your rig?

there's no point in forking out for cables if you're using a starter pack kit

regarding picks, normally fairly thick. 1-1.5mm or so for most people who play stuff like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Or just by a monster cable for now. If/ when they break u get them exchanged - no reciept needed no questions asked. Or get guitarcenters LiveWire's. They have the same warranty
Save your money for more important gear - and splurge in them when u are a rock star.
Last edited by 667 at Feb 3, 2012,