Ok I'm new to recording.What software is easy to learn for a noob and doesn't suck? (recording quality wise) Also what are the computer requirements.I have a Peavey PV 20 usb mixer.What else might I need?I have a full PA so I have mics. My goal is to eventually record my band.Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
Reaper.

It's free to evaluate as long as you like (though it says the demo only lasts 30 days, it will continue to fully work as long as you want), and is only $60 to buy a license if you like the software.

There's no reason to ever upgrade from Reaper, unless you just like the workflow of another software better. It is a professional recording suite, used by quite a few professional studios.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thanks
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
Sony Acid Music Studio ver.8

Very easy to use and setup.

Better program then Reaper and is only $79.99 Best Buy has it on sale for $49.99
Quote by leesops
Sony Acid Music Studio ver.8

Very easy to use and setup.

Better program then Reaper and is only $79.99 Best Buy has it on sale for $49.99

I wouldn't say that.

Better for a beginner, maybe, but the couple of times I've used Acid, I didn't like it much at all. It is great if you're new to recording music, because it's fairly simple to do the basics, but it's not nearly as powerful as Reaper IMO.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
(Better for a beginner)

I.E. That Acid works with out any tweaking then yes I guess you could say that.

Reaper is okay for what it will do. But I spent more time trying to get it to work.
I thought Reaper was easier to get into than some of the others that I had tried. Plus having 30 days to try the full program was great. You could buy something that works better for beginners but when you get past that stage then you'll just have to upgrade to something else. Out of everything that I have tried Reaper has been the best overall value.
REAPER is awesome, for the $60 home license you can do no better.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Reaper is amazing and I continue to sing its praises
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com