I got an AT2020 for Christmas but I'm having trouble getting it to work. I'm new to condenser mics. Here it is. http://www.amazon.com/Technica-AT2020-Address-Cardiod-Condensor/dp/B0006H92QK I know it's phantom power but I'm still a little confused.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
What are you using through,Mixer,intrface. they should have a switch to turn on and off the phantom power.
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
M Audio Fast Track is the interface.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I have the Fast Track C400 and it has a button to turn Phantom Power On/Off. Do you not have a button?

Also, i've read that you shouldnt plug/unplugg your mic's while phantom power is turned on. Not sure if thats true or not but worth mentioning if it IS true..
You plug it into a wall. They make an XLR to Wall plug...
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
M-audio fast tracks do not have a phantom power switch, however you can find seperate wall converters at guitar center that allow you to plug it into a wall outlet to power the microphone

and yes above is true do not unplug the microphone with phantom power engaged it is +48 volts of direct current it can cause issues lol
Quote by roaddawg07
What are you using through,Mixer,intrface. they should have a switch to turn on and off the phantom power.

yeah, you need to turn the phantom power on..
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by Beanerofshred
M-audio fast tracks do not have a phantom power switch, however you can find seperate wall converters at guitar center that allow you to plug it into a wall outlet to power the microphone

and yes above is true do not unplug the microphone with phantom power engaged it is +48 volts of direct current it can cause issues lol

That answers my questions haha I'll either invest in an interface with it or go get a converter.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls