Hi guys,
I posted 3 parts review of this guitar. I appreciate it if you check it out and let me know what you think

I am not trying to show off. There are plenty of people on Youtube who can play so much better than I can, or ever will be. What I want to accomplish is to show what this guitar is capable of. The first part is to show how it sounds WITHOUT plugging into an amp. The 2nd part is cranked up with my Marshall, and 3rd is the clean channel.

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM8UGkPsg7U

Part 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dgtpt1fDv4

Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikpYaBLCuyE
Last edited by sonnyrocker at Feb 4, 2012,
If you're gonna spend $2200+, go and get yourself a nice USA Jackson. If you don't want a trem, ESPs are pretty cool too. But IMO, NOTHING beats a good Jackson.
Quote by ThtGuyOvrThere
If you're gonna spend $2200+, go and get yourself a nice USA Jackson. If you don't want a trem, ESPs are pretty cool too. But IMO, NOTHING beats a good Jackson.

I may have accidentally posted in the wrong thread can a moderator delete my post or something?
I was thinking about getting a fixed bridge wolfgang. I bought my Gibby in the end, but i'd still love one of these.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
They are awesome. Most places online are selling them for $1,400 for the tobacco burst. I got mine for $939. The store is a reputable, authorized EVH dealer too. If anyone is interested and want to get one at that price, PM me and I will pass on the info. For a guitar at that price, with that kind of quality and playability, it is just great. Can't you tell that I am a satisfied customer? LOL
yeah it cost exactly the same for my Gibson. about $1400.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
i looked at the new Fender Wolfgang special, then bought a peavey wolfgang, and if you would have felt the difference (especially in price and quality) you would be kicking yourself in the nuts. i have two of them, totally killer guitars. the fender ones are not bad, but the peaveys are much better mine are both peaveys. i was A/B ing the guitars with the guys at my GC near close. they all agreed that the peavey was better. i paid $500 shipped used. they are USA too.

not saying to be a jackass, but i am sure it will be taken that way. maybe if you find a Peavey one for sale, pick that up, return the Fender and have $900 in your pocket.

also stainless frets are nice, the graphite in the neck is good too, and there are a ton of things that are different.

just my opinion. the upper model though played better than both unquestionably. also they set up (with a luthier that works at my GC, not a dumbass tech) every instrument over $1k and it was unanimous.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
are you compare a Standard Peavey to a Fender Special? How much did you pay for your Peavey?
I thought about the Peavey, but here are the reasons why I was sold on the Wolfgang Special: The stainless frets are not on the Peavey. The neck profile 12 - 16, compound, is an improvement from the Peavey. Also, the pickups are an improvement too. It took the team 11 months and 70 pickups before Eddie was happy with the ones in the Fender Wolfgang, which, BTW, are the exact same hardware on the Standard, except $2,000 cheaper.
The Music Man isn't to shabby, either. The neck on the Axis is really one of the best necks I've played. At $1500 new and made in the U.S. it takes the cake IMO.
EBMM Axis Black Cherry Burst
El Capistan
'74 Phase 90 re-issue
Boss BF-2
Hall of Fame Reverb
50 W 5150 III
Quote by sonnyrocker
are you compare a Standard Peavey to a Fender Special? How much did you pay for your Peavey?
I thought about the Peavey, but here are the reasons why I was sold on the Wolfgang Special: The stainless frets are not on the Peavey. The neck profile 12 - 16, compound, is an improvement from the Peavey. Also, the pickups are an improvement too. It took the team 11 months and 70 pickups before Eddie was happy with the ones in the Fender Wolfgang, which, BTW, are the exact same hardware on the Standard, except $2,000 cheaper.

special to special. $500 shipped off of some guy on TGP. special hardtail MIA. the pickups are phenomenal. they are basically spec'd right off the dimarzios he had in his Axis. stainless frets are nice but not as much of a difference. compd radius are nice, i have owned a few jacksons, i wouldn't mind having it, but surely don't have a problem with how it is.

you can throw stats, i have played both, i as well as the guys at GC honestly preferred my peavey over the fenders. the only reason it was even brought up was the luthier brought the fender wolfgang into the room as he set it up.

just saying you may want to look around for a used peavey. have a nice chunk of change in your pockets. might be worth looking.

if you question my judgement, that is fine, go play one. i have owned over 50 guitar in the last ten years. there is a reason i have two Peavey wolfgangs in my arsenal, as well as the prestige ibbys as well as the Gibson SG's as well as the GIbson LP's as well as the Gibson Gothic V, as well as two older Gibsons (sonex's not used as much though).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Scott, yes all the Wolfgangs are nice. The Music Man one is going for a lot of money right now, aren't they?
Hi Trash, I appreciate your feedbacks, but I am really happy with my purchase so I am not going to look for a used Peavey. It sounds great and feels like great and fits me really well. I am sure the Peavey is nice, and possibly better just as you claimed, but that is subjective. That is why everyone has their personal preference of guitars, regardless how many guitars you have owned. anyway, still, thanks for your time
i would say its a nice guitar, but really, your amp sounds pretty gross. i think it kinda took away from the review. cause it sounded bad, but i know its not the guitar....
Thanks for checking it out, ikey. I thought the Marshall Valvestate sounds amazing. You are the first I've heard that my Valvestate sounds gross. It is no Laney for sure....however, the Laney is way too loud.
Quote by sonnyrocker
Scott, yes all the Wolfgangs are nice. The Music Man one is going for a lot of money right now, aren't they?

I guess the price has gone up a bit. I paid $1500 USD for mine in 09'. I feel like the Music Man was the best of Ed's signature guitars. The Wolf's are kind of ugly, both Peavey and Fender. The body shape just doesn't do it for me.
EBMM Axis Black Cherry Burst
El Capistan
'74 Phase 90 re-issue
Boss BF-2
Hall of Fame Reverb
50 W 5150 III
could just be the way its EQed, but to me that valvestate sounds like the typical cheap, harsh, solid state distortion sound.

...oh yeah. its a recording, and then im streaming it, and its coming through my laptop speakers.
Quote by sonnyrocker
Hi Trash, I appreciate your feedbacks, but I am really happy with my purchase so I am not going to look for a used Peavey. It sounds great and feels like great and fits me really well. I am sure the Peavey is nice, and possibly better just as you claimed, but that is subjective. That is why everyone has their personal preference of guitars, regardless how many guitars you have owned. anyway, still, thanks for your time

i am glad you are happy, they are nice guitars. good features and play and sound nice, i have played it for 30 minutes or so. i understand the personal preference thing and respect that you like it. at the point i did the A/B was just a day or two after getting the peavey.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
oh, the Laney! Well, Coolstoryangus, I would, but the Laney is down. It needs to be repaired and is currently out of commission. And even if it works, it is WAY too loud. It won't come out good in my little camera video.
BTW, I forgot to mention that the headstock is redesigned from previous Wolfgangs too. and the strings are EVH 9-46, which comes with all Wolfgang.
Wolfgang Special specs:

flat AA maple top with 5-piece binding, basswood core.
Quartersawn maple neck that is reinforced with two graphite rods
AA bird's-eye maple fingerboard with 12" to 16" compound radius
22 frets
Scale Width: 25.5" (64.8cm)
Nut Width" 1.625" (41.3mm)
Stainless steel vintage-size frets that are practically indestructible
Two EVH Humbucker pickups (The team tested more than 70 pickups over 11 months before Eddie approved the ones for the new Wolfgang), they are hard-mounted to the body and are wired to Bourns low-friction pots, very loose, easy to turn volume and tone control knobs
The EVH Floyd Rose tremolo D-Tuna unit is the first ever signature Floyd Rose tremolo bridge
EVH chrome Gotoh tuners with pearl buttons are built exclusively for the Wolfgang guitar Thin skin finish that allows for the inherent tone and resonance of the wood to dominate the overall sound of the guitar
Unpainted body cavities allow for the wood to naturally breath and age, further adding to the character and quality of tone
Re-designed EVH signature headstock
Custom-made molded SKB case
Nice guitar. I played one and really liked it. Thought about buying it, but the frets weren't my thing. They were a little small for my liking, but it still played great. HNGD.
Yeah, frets are smaller, like LP. It takes time to get used to it if you are used to bigger frets. Thanks, Griffin!
Really beautiful guitar, but the compound radius fretboard would make me pass on it. Just not a fan. Still, happy that you're digging your new guitar
Compound radius is one of the reason why I like the guitar. It just feels good when I am playing rhythm closer to the nut, better grip. and then it gets easier to shred as it is flatter above 12th fret.