I recently got a Digitech JamMan Stereo looper, and, among other things, it's a great practice tool. But the preloaded drum loops suck, and I'd really like to practice scales, etc. over real drums instead of my clicky little metronome. Anyone know where I can find some decent *drum kit* drum loops for free?

Of course I've found several sites, but most are driven towards electronic music, or are scams, or seem like geoshitties holdovers.
I think if you're going to be practising scales against a metronome (which is obviously a good idea) then you might as well do two things at once. Rather than playing over just a drum loop it'd be a good idea to play over something with harmony as well, because that way while your fingers are trying their hardest to get good at playing quicker and remembering where they're meant to go, your ears can work on hearing scales and learning to anticipate the sounds of each note. It will improve your improvisation so much for a start, as well as your general guitariness. So on that note, try finding some backing tracks on YouTube.
I'm assuming you don't have Reason, or something similar? If you did you could do something on there, and that would give you the option of having a pedal/drone note as well so you could do the whole ear-training thing at the same time too.
I use a keyboard that has an assload of drum presents on it. You can adjust the tempos and everything.
Quote by theknuckster
I think if you're going to be practising scales against a metronome (which is obviously a good idea) then you might as well do two things at once. Rather than playing over just a drum loop it'd be a good idea to play over something with harmony as well, because that way while your fingers are trying their hardest to get good at playing quicker and remembering where they're meant to go, your ears can work on hearing scales and learning to anticipate the sounds of each note. It will improve your improvisation so much for a start, as well as your general guitariness. So on that note, try finding some backing tracks on YouTube.
I'm assuming you don't have Reason, or something similar? If you did you could do something on there, and that would give you the option of having a pedal/drone note as well so you could do the whole ear-training thing at the same time too.

Thanks for the suggestions. With my looper, I usually start by making my own backing track with the guitar, even if it's just a drone or simple progression. I do have Reason, so maybe I could try to learn to program beats on it. For now though, since I've got so little time at the moment, I'm just hoping to find some simple percussion tracks to play over until I get the chance to program...