I need recommendations. I'm looking to spend $1500-2500 on a 24 fret guitar. I play metal and classic rock
Quote by KaizenJam164
I need recommendations. I'm looking to spend $1500-2500 on a 24 fret guitar. I play metal and classic rock

You're spoiled for choice. You need to be more specific.

I'm also jealous you can spend that much money.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I meant to be vague. If you have any guitars that you would recommend for me I would appreciate it. I've only played strats all my life but I'm getting more into metal so I need a guitar that can do both.
Have you looked at Warmoth? For 1500 you could easily get something to suit your needs custom-built for you.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
How about this. I love the PRS custom 24 but I'm having trouble finding one for under $2500. What guitars have similar versatility, tone and playability?
Have you looked at Carvin guitars? If you click on a model, then click 'guitar builder' on the right hand side, you can see all of the options for customizing the models. They are right around your price range.
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
Quote by Tom 1.0
JP6.

Sorted.

This.

Or
Used Ibanez J-Custom
Last edited by StonedColdCrazy at Feb 4, 2012,
That's a lot of choices and money. Maybe you should just go to a GuitarCenter and try out all the guitars you want.
Quote by Tom 1.0
JP6.

Sorted.

Third
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by Tom 1.0
JP6.

Sorted.

/thread
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
if you want cheaper i love my: 3550MZ.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-rg3550mz-prestige-electric-guitar

EBMM makes a few fine guitars JP-6 is a prime example.

or one of these parkers are killer

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/parker-guitars-rf722-nitefly-radial-flame-top-electric-guitar
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Jackson SL1, SL2H, KV2, RR1, WR1...

Jackson PC1 Phil Collen

Suhr Modern

Mayones Regius

Caparison Dellinger, TAT

EBMM Petrucci
I have a Carvin CT324M. It's got 24 frets, nice mahagony body and neck, Med jum stainless steel frets, ebony 12" radius board with Abalone block inlays, locking tuners and very nice humbuckers.

She cost about $1500 When you go with Carvin you can select a boat load of options at a decnet price that would put you in custom shop territory than many of the fine, aforementioned makers.

I used to own a 87/88 PRS Custom 24, this what is known in PRS afficinado circles as a Virginia Ave guitar meaning it goes back to Pauls old and small Virginia Ave shop when these things were pretty much totally handmade. It cost me $1850 in 1991.

The Carvin is pretty darn close and it's considered the base model for the CT line.

The only thing I had to do was switch to the 10.5-48 string gauge I use. That's it.
guitars are'nt.electric,The amps are.Ive got a 2006 Schecter C-1 classic.You can reach the 24th as good as the 12th.I use .008,s or.007,s. the intonation and harmonics on this thing are perfect.I,ve got Gibsons that cost 4or 5 times what this thing did,and I play it all the time.panhead
Last edited by panhead201 at Mar 13, 2012,
Dead Vacuum Tubes Have Lost Their Power.all You're Doing Is Eating Glass.hell,after The First Bite They Don't Even Have Vacuum.you Gotta Use A Low E For Dental Floss