I'm not the vocalist but since I work for the GuitarCenter family I'm the designated "buy shit for the band" guy. The person who will actually be using this is influenced by such bands as The Word Alive, Underoath, and Dance Gavin Dance (to name a few).

Any suggestions?
Quote by technicolour
microphones aren't hardcore

Neither are the bands he mentioned.

If this is for live use, anything will do.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Quote by synestershadows
Neither are the bands he mentioned.

If this is for live use, anything will do.

It's not my typical style of music so I have no idea who's who in that world, I just know those are three bands he likes and he asked me for a good microphone. I know he'll also be doing screamed vocals so I figure eh why not ask here

But anything would do? You wouldn't recommend a particular brand over another?
I don't know anything about different brands, but I'm fairly positive that dynamic mics are better for harsh vocals than condensers.
PSN: snakeXdoctor

Quote by OneOfTheseDays
My friends cat smokes, wears a leather jacket and swears at me when i look at it.He is really fat so it makes it even more funny.
Anything would do fine really.

My friend's band used dollar store mics for their harsh vocals and it sounded perfectly fine. I mean... it is supposed to be harsh.
Quote by llanafreak44
Shure SM57

Eh with hardcore it may actually be a good choice, the result will probably be thinner than the "normal" use of a large diaphragm condenser.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Eh with hardcore it may actually be a good choice, the result will probably be thinner than the "normal" use of a large diaphragm condenser.

I disagree. High end condensers usually have a stronger high end, make it sound "thinner" than a dynamic. Plus, I think the most common mic in hardcore would probably be the Shure SM7B, which doesn't sound that different from the 57.
No one posted a Jeromes Dream link yet?

Also, I assume if the dude is influenced by those bands, he's probably not a very good musician (no offence, but those are basic intro bands), so I'd suggest any cheaper mic. Shure sm58 is a good call, I guess. I have that one I think.
Shotty you're a ten, I wait for your drunk dials at 2:30 AM