Saw this guitar on craigslist and I've got the guy to take 185 for it. He said it's a Jackson WRXT series, but I can't find a WRXT with creme binding. He said it plays well but he took the locking nut off the guitar and put it on another. Will it still hold tune without that locking nut, so long as I stay away from divebombs and the floyd? Thanks!
Attachments:
textfree_358351438 (1).jpg
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
It looks very similar to this
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-WRXT-Warrior-Electric-Guitar-520326-i1446080.gc

I dont know if its an older model of the Warrior, considering the creme line around it. If you are interested in the guitar, I would go try it out and see what the deal with the locking nut is. You might be able to tune it from the headstock probably not the best idea though. The best idea would be to get a new locking nut. But for the price, if it works fine I'd get it.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
I did look up the jackson warrior. I'm trying to rule out any possibility that it could be a JS series. I intend on reselling the guitar for a profit and I want to stay away from the god-awful JS series.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Don't know about JS, but Stew Mac will be a good source for the pads and screws for your locking nut. I bought an FR guitar at a pawn shop missing a locking block in the trem, and bought the replacement from Stew Mac for less than a dollar.
Thanks man, but to be truthful, I don't think I'm going to keep it. I like to wheel and deal these guitars and if it's not a JS, it has to be at least the 549.99 model. I don't think any JS series has creme binding, or binding at all.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Unless you run into very uninformed buyers, it should be worth a lot more with all the hardware. You should be able to recover the cost of the parts plus a lot more. The missing hardware is a big reason you're getting it cheap.

That $.96 block saved me over $150 on my pawn shop guitar.
You can easily tell a JS from a WRXT or any other model Jackson just by looking at the headstock. You just have to look at how much space there is on the headstock past the high E tuning peg. The JS 's tuning peg is basically right at the angle to the point of the headstock all others have a decent space before the angle. From the hazy pic it does not look like a JS headstock to me, but the pic is really hard to tell for sure.

JS headstock

WRXT (or typical) headstock
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Feb 3, 2012,
^^
I think that's just the angle it was shot at tbh.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
^^
I think that's just the angle it was shot at tbh.

Nope... they are quite different even in person, it's a very simple way of telling them apart from one another with a quick glance.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Feb 4, 2012,