i have aria stg-stv. there is a volume knob, a tone knob, pickup selector and something else, a two way switch. whats it meant to do?
It's a coil splitter, I believe. Converts the bridge pickup to single-coil.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
I believe it's a coil-tap switch, to split the bridge humbucker into a single coil, if you're into that kind of thing.
Quote by Telecaster7
I believe it's a coil-tap switch, to split the bridge humbucker into a single coil, if you're into that kind of thing.

Coil split, not tap. You don't tap a humbucker.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
coil split?
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
hang on though, i have a five way pickup selector on an HSS config. if thats the coil splitter, why do i have 5 options that get progressively less metal the further away from the bridge?
coil split sets the humbucker to parallel connection
coil tap shortcircuits a coil thus making the humbucker sound like a single
this varies as she expressions are not standard
Quote by Spaztikko
hang on though, i have a five way pickup selector on an HSS config. if thats the coil splitter, why do i have 5 options that get progressively less metal the further away from the bridge?

That's not a coil split, that is a pickup selector. Not all guitars have coil taps.

The position pointing to the bridge (1) is just the bridge pup, the next position (2) is bridge and middle, 3 is middle, 4 is middle and neck, and 5 is just neck.
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!