Dear people of UG,

So I must confess that all I know are tabs and YouTubes, but I want to be just like (Insert favorite guitar/Band here).

And I know that they have been playing for decades, and honed their chops and styles through stupid stuff like discipline, experience and hard work, but pshhhh, I don't have time for that. I just want to understand everything about their style so that I can do it too!!!!!

Yes, I know some of you want to talk to be about modes and theory and I know all that, its just this triangular thing in my hand (what are these called??) when it goes to play the long stringy things (what are they called, they are made of some kinda metal I think), the sounds I am making don't sound like (Insert favorite band here/musician here) it sounds like a tortured horse....well anyways, what Im saying is I dont particularly care for reading, and if its not free, then it must not be any good, and I was wondering if anyone can tab out all the scales that this band/person uses and explain to me the thinking behind it without confusing things with words like "notes, pitch, tonality, chords" and all that music theory ish geek stuff. I just want you to explain it to me!!!

Can you do that plzzz? I wanna rock hard, and Im dedicated to going all the way with my music to change the world cause I Believe!!!!!

Best,

Sean
Oh shit, Sean's broken. Get the screwdriver.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
this seems to fit better in EG or GT, but it's surprisingly accurate. only they either a) post less, or b) post lots more with absolutely no paragraph spacing.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Oh shit, Sean's broken. Get the screwdriver.

Not quite. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Well, you won't ever be good if you don't learn "all hat music geek stuff"

So if you want to change the world, music ain't for you.
TS, listen to macashmack. Also, learn all the modes of the minor chromatic pentatonic.
lol i actually tought it was a serious post because i tought i was in Guitar Technique !!

After reading the first paragraph i was ready to scold an average poster.. until i saw the signature.
Quote by Hail
i'm the internet equivalent of ripping the skin off my face and strangling you with it right now

Quote by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.
Best,
Sean
Reading that was suprisingly hilarious.
Good old Pete. Isn't he too old to masturbate? - Pete Townshend
Don't mind your make-up, you better make your mind up. - Frank Zappa
It's ok Sean, everyone posting here has the same thing happening for them. I wish I had the guts like you to come forth with this, my life is a lie!
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
This needs a sticky for any scrub who dares post a serious version of this thread.

EDIT: Sean, have you read this? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1516788

DOUBLE EDIT: I just read the rest of that thread.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Last edited by Woffelz at Feb 4, 2012,