First of all, my last account was banned from posting multiple threads. I promise starting from now I'll keep the same topic in one thread. No more multiple threads. My apologize for that. Sorry, Please forgive me.

Finally, I've decided to sand down my Fender 57 Reissue Stratocaster Made In Japan Since 1993's Poly Vintage Maple Neck. Basically, what I did: I used both sandpaper 1000 & 2000 grit, then wipe down the neck with a cotton rag with hand soap, sand a bit more at the area that still felt sticky to me, then lastly a microfiber cloth with a damp of water and wipe it down completely clean.

I must say, the result turned out great ! Just like what I wanted, a smooth neck. I hesitated a lot before I made this move, but now I have absolute no regret in doing this, since it's probably a guitar I'm not planning on selling in the future, and with a guitar, playability is always more important than appearance, it's not a museum guitar, it's a guitar you want to be able to pick up and play for a long time comfortably. Besides, I think the change in look is not even that noticeable unless you look at it extremely close, even from close view, the real difference I can see is the gloss is gone. What do you guys think? judging from the pics below, is the change in look obvious?

QUESTION
1) I tried my best to sand down the neck evenly, however, if I look closely at the neck, there's still a tiny bit of a gloss here and there while most other parts are not glossing from light, looks a bit weird and unbalance, perhaps I sanded too softly? should I sand down the neck again? I'm afraid I might overdo it.
1) Now that I'm done sanding, should I wipe it with a cotton cloth with naphtha or just cotton cloth?
2) Is it right that eventually it's going to become glossy and sticky again and I'll have to sand it down again? But usually how long does the sanded smoothness last?
3) The first picture of AFTER, there's a scratch, but I think it was there long before I sanded the neck, it's not from sanding, just wondering, is there any way I could remove that scratch?

BEFORE

AFTER

Fine.

1.) Sand that bitch down
1.) (you posted 2 #1's). Cotton.
2.) Yeah. Prolly not that long since you used incredibly high grit paper.
3.) Sand that bitch down/ fill with super glue then sand that bitch down.

4. Multi account= perma.
I aint mad bro.

(lol @ ninja post removal by cpl_salamander.)
Last edited by StonedColdCrazy at Feb 4, 2012,
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fine.

1.) Sand that bitch down
1.) (you posted 2 #1's). Cotton.
2.) Yeah. Prolly not that long since you used incredibly high grit paper.
3.) Sand that bitch down/ fill with super glue then sand that bitch down.

4. Multi account= perma.
I aint mad bro.

(lol @ ninja post removal by cpl_salamander.)

Thank You StonedColdCrazy.. I'll continue to sand it more then.. I just didn't want to overdo it cz I'm not sure where's the limit. I'm really sorry for multi account and threads. no more starting from now on. peace : )
Whatever you do, make sure you keep using sandpaper in a stupidly fine grit and then wondering why it's still sticky.

Bonus points for continuing to make new accounts to make threads while ignoring the advice you were given in previous threads.