Hi, I'll get down to the point. I have a one humbucker, one volume guitar and the pickup is wayyyy too quiet! I tried resoldering it but It doesn't seem to do anything!

Can anyone help me?
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
try soldering the pickup straight to the output jack. If it works like that then you'll know if the volume pot was the problem.
if the volume pot was the problem, what would i have to do to make the guitar work? i soldered it exactly like how its shown on seymour duncan's diagram!

edit: I know the pickup works because i had to fix a buzzy grounding issue. But now here I am, stuck with no hum but a half powered pickup. Where might have I gone wrong?
Last edited by nivlarama at Feb 4, 2012,
how many wires were on the humbucker? what did you solder to ground to fix the grounding issue? Pics may be helpful
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Well before, I had bent the lone terminal and soldered it to the pot its self. There was a massive amount of hum before this current wiring and I thought wiring the ground of the input jack to that certain terminal would fix it. Well now the pickup isn't...picking up too well.

edit: the volume pot also crackles a bit when you turn the volume down, the input soldering is tight. So what could the problem be?
Last edited by nivlarama at Feb 4, 2012,
In your 3 posts you given pretty much no actual useful information.

Why did you have to resolder? Did you change pickups? If so, to what? and which diagram did you follow?

Post some pics of the pot and your wiring to the input jack and pickup. Clear pics, in focus, with good lighting will help
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
nvm the pot was just a little dirty, getting some contact cleaner to fix it up thanks for the help