Quote by SweetenerCorp
So glad when I saw this, awesome song and awesome solo. What can I say you play it just like scott gorham. I feel like the original may have been using some kind of phase on the guitar or a little more reverb. But other than that good work.

Check out mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1516961

Thanks!!!

I dont have a phaser but I could have definately put some reverb on the amp thats for sure. Thanks for the tip. I commented on your vid

Cheers !!!
Good job overall man, you hit all the right notes and it sounded good. Nonetheless, I saw several things that could use improvement. First off, your picking hand is all over the place. Waaaayy too much motion - this will hinder you greatly when you try to play fast. Its a bad habit, you should break it.. Economy of motion is key. Start picking by moving your thumb and index finger as if you were writing with a pen, instead of moving your whole wrist. Also, you never use your pinkey even when its 4 fret stretch (9-12 for example).. you clearly have been playing guitar for a while, you really should use your pinkey all the time man, it should be just as strong as the rest of your fingers. Not using your pinkey forces you to have to angle your fretting hand a LOT when you do big stretches with your index and ring.. Just watch your own video, you'll see what I mean. This is bad form all around, your hand should always be straight with the neck so your fingers come straight down on it.

Hope I don't seem too critical - I aim to help! Check out some of the lessons on my channel when you c4c - maybe you will find them helpful

C4C:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1517112
Quote by cm880999
Good job overall man, you hit all the right notes and it sounded good. Nonetheless, I saw several things that could use improvement. First off, your picking hand is all over the place. Waaaayy too much motion - this will hinder you greatly when you try to play fast. Its a bad habit, you should break it.. Economy of motion is key. Start picking by moving your thumb and index finger as if you were writing with a pen, instead of moving your whole wrist. Also, you never use your pinkey even when its 4 fret stretch (9-12 for example).. you clearly have been playing guitar for a while, you really should use your pinkey all the time man, it should be just as strong as the rest of your fingers. Not using your pinkey forces you to have to angle your fretting hand a LOT when you do big stretches with your index and ring.. Just watch your own video, you'll see what I mean. This is bad form all around, your hand should always be straight with the neck so your fingers come straight down on it.

Hope I don't seem too critical - I aim to help! Check out some of the lessons on my channel when you c4c - maybe you will find them helpful

C4C:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1517112

Very sound advice, Thanks a lot. Looks like I have some long term bad habits to try and break. Thanks I will comment on your vids!