Searchbar'd and nothing.

So, have you? Or at least not able to confidently say you can play through a song that you used to have right at your finger tips? I might be able to remember some of songs listed, but I definitely will hesitate and not be able to play it through on the first time.

I've forgotten how to play quite a few, what with studying, piano and a shift in musical tastes. I've forgotten how to play the following:
  • Fade to Black - Metallica
  • The Four Horsemen - Metallica
  • Am I Evil - Metallica (I know the original is by Diamond Head, but I learned it while playing along with the Metallica version)
  • Sanitarium - Metallica
  • Enter Sandman - Metallica
  • Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
  • November Rain - Guns N' Roses
  • A small part in Under A Glass Moon - Dream Theater

A lot of Metallica ones because throughout my 1 year of guitar lessons from my teacher, I learned like 10+ Metallica songs. Helped my technique, but didn't enjoy the songs.
Metallica- The Four Horsemen, Seek and Destroy

Iron Maiden- Run to the Hills, The Trooper, Blood Brothers

Crazy Train... I always forget part of the solo and start improvising.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Il always remember fade to black
But yeah, many chili pepper songs, and beatles and pink floyd songs. Iv had entire albums down and forgot.
Some Kiss songs and most of the metallica songs i learned back in the day.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Ugh, this drives me insane, I do it all the time. Moonlight Sonata: took me 18months to get it down, now I have to re-learn.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by metal4all
Metallica- The Four Horsemen, Seek and Destroy

Iron Maiden- Run to the Hills, The Trooper, Blood Brothers

Crazy Train... I always forget part of the solo and start improvising.

+1.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by girlgerms007
Ugh, this drives me insane, I do it all the time. Moonlight Sonata: took me 18months to get it down, now I have to re-learn.

But doesn't it take a lot lesser time?

If I forget how to play a song, I could probably learn it in only a percentage of the time I originally took to learn it.
Quote by triface
If I forget how to play a song, I could probably learn it in only a percentage of the time I originally took to learn it.

This.

I forgot more songs than the ones i could play right now from the top of my head.
But if you put a tab in front of me, i just need to run by it a couple of times and then i can play it again.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Mastodon - Naked Burn. No tricky arrangement or anything. I just forget it >.<
edgy meems only friendo :^)
Quote by Linkerman
This.

I forgot more songs than the ones i could play right now from the top of my head.
But if you put a tab in front of me, i just need to run by it a couple of times and then i can play it again.

And what if I put...SHEET MUSIC in front of you???
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Quote by Greenfinger182
And what if I put...SHEET MUSIC in front of you???

I couldn't read sheet music to save my life.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Happens to me. Seems I have a limited capacities to store songs. When I learned new songs the old songs faded away so I stopped learning new songs duh.

Lost interest anyway, I'm getting old. Still love guitars though.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Oddly enough, I tend to forget songs that are simple. Like anything that's just mindless chord strumming I'll forget within a couple of days. Wonderwall is a good example, I can remember the verses and that's about it.
I've forgotten more songs than most of you will ever learn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I've forgotten alot of songs over the years. Not too worried about it.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by triface
But doesn't it take a lot lesser time?

true, it's coming back to me
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
I had moments like that. I'll suddenly remember that I played that song before and I'll try to play it but it became an effort.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by Jackal58
I've forgotten more songs than most of you will ever learn.

I would go for the obvious joke, but it's just too easy.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I'm very good at memorizing songs and I still remember how to play some songs I haven't played for 2-3 years. However, sometimes I totally forget solos and I remember only the rhythm parts.

A few weeks ago I was like "Hey, I haven't played Letter To Dana by Sonata Arctica in a year but I think I still remember it, let's try!". It went quite well... until the second solo. I totally ****ed up it.
Quote by OldRocker
I had moments like that. I'll suddenly remember that I played that song before and I'll try to play it but it became an effort.

It happens to me, that I start to play I song I have partly forgotten, then when I concentrate on it, I can't play it at all, but when I stop, start again and try not to concentrate at all, it comes back to me
Quote by im_with_theband
Your G-string sounds funny?

Thats...

...wait for it...

...what she said

Quote by Pregowski92
people who post spontaneously unfunny, boring cliché comments are made about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit, on my threads.

good day, sir.
Im a bassist but heres a condensed list of some of the songs I used to know:

2112 - Rush
Orion - Metallica
Colors Pt.2 - Between the Buried and Me
Anticosmic Overload - Obscura
Vicarious - Tool
Ebb and Flow - Misery Signals
Bone Marrow - Protest the Hero
Individual Though Patters - Death
Mr Crowly - Ozzy Osborne

There are also several more that I used to know on piano, guitar, ocarina and tuba that Ive forgotten.
I could play Alive! and Alive 2 all the way through, including Ace's spotlight, and now I can barely get through them
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.