Hello everyone, I need to buy a new guitar that fits perfect for power metal bands like Sonata Arctica or heavy metal bands like Trivium. I've already a Kustom Arrow 16R AMP but maybe I should buy one too. I have ~500€.

I have seen lots of guitars, like the Ibanez XF350 Falchion, the Ibanez DTT700 and the Jackson KE3, but yet I don't know if those guitars would fit in that kind of stuff.

Any other suggestion of another guitar will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
You should considder a wooden guitar.

Wood > metal if it comes to guitars!

/troll
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by JGar
Hello everyone, I need to buy a new guitar that fits perfect for power metal bands like Sonata Arctica or heavy metal bands like Trivium. I've already a Kustom Arrow 16R AMP but maybe I should buy one too. I have ~500€.

I have seen lots of guitars, like the Ibanez XF350 Falchion, the Ibanez DTT700 and the Jackson KE3, but yet I don't know if those guitars would fit in that kind of stuff.

Any other suggestion of another guitar will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

What guitar do you currently have? A new amp will make more difference to your tone than a guitar will at this stage.
Last edited by anonimau5 at Feb 4, 2012,
Schecter Hellraiser, Blackjack ATX or custom with Ash/Alder body and Blackout pickups.
The more you say 'epic' the less it means.
Quote by anonimau5
What guitar do you currently have? A new amp will make a lot more difference to your tone than a guitar will at this price range.

It's a Rochester Guitar (Stratocaster look) so it's not made for metal tone.
What amp do you have?
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by Any7423
What amp do you have?

A Kustom Arrow 16R, I named it on my main threat.
Quote by Dynamight
Schecter Hellraiser, Blackjack ATX or custom with Ash/Alder body and Blackout pickups.

Thanks! I'm looking for these right now.
Quote by anonimau5
Are you willing to buy used?

Also. What do you have?
People often recommend MIJ Ibanez RGs if you can find one for a good price. You can probably get a decent Jackson for that price too, my friend picked up a DKMGT for £350 (about 420 euros). Really the best thing you can do is try out as many guitars as possible and see what you like/don't like about each one.

In terms of playability, Ibanez RGs are one of the best for metal, at least in my experience. For getting a good metal tone, honestly its more about the amp.
Quote by anonimau5
People often recommend MIJ Ibanez RGs if you can find one for a good price. You can probably get a decent Jackson for that price too, my friend picked up a DKMGT for £350 (about 420 euros). Really the best thing you can do is try out as many guitars as possible and see what you like/don't like about each one.

In terms of playability, Ibanez RGs are one of the best for metal, at least in my experience. For getting a good metal tone, honestly its more about the amp.

I have a Guitar effect pedal "ZOOM G2Nu" and I dont really care about my AMP.
oops. se torero is a little out of price range. right around $1000 us dollars.
Quote by kdarr03
oops. se torero is a little out of price range. right around $1000 us dollars.

I sold mine for $650.

Wheres Tom when you need him...
I'd say check out the ibanez iceman ic700
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
you're almost at the price point where you can get the really nice japanese-made stuff (jackson pro series, ibanez prestige, charvel pro mods), and if you ask me, it'd be worth saving the little more needed to get there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you're almost at the price point where you can get the really nice japanese-made stuff (jackson pro series, ibanez prestige, charvel pro mods), and if you ask me, it'd be worth saving the little more needed to get there.

That.

Paging Tom 1.0!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you cna get an agile with active emgs for $400
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A