Could someone explain to me why the **** are violin strings so expensive? Guitar strings are 7 Euros, but when I went in the shop the other day, the cheapest violin strings were something like 37 E !!! Why? There doesn't seem to be anything exceptional about them, they're just steel strings...
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
Could someone explain to me why the **** are violin strings so expensive? Guitar strings are 7 Euros, but when I went in the shop the other day, the cheapest violin strings were something like 37 E !!! Why? There doesn't seem to be anything exceptional about them, they're just steel strings...

I don't play violin,but my mate plays the cello. His cost 80 pounds
Anyway,it's because they last for years. Surely their tone is shit after a couple of years and no restring
]
What the hell are you talking about? I have like 30 packs of violin strings, they cost next to nothing
Violin strings last a lot longer, are usually hand made and use tungsten and silver meshed together.
Still, they are stupidly expensive.
violin strings are very variable - you can get cheap metal shit ones, or pay quadruple the price and get amazing pig gut ones
Quote by Random3
Violin strings are made from the ass hair from a Unicorn.

First Lol of the day

Thanks

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
They tend to last longer, but I'm not sure if that's because they're better made or because a bow causes much less material stress than a pick.
🙈 🙉 🙊