hi guys ,

i had a little accident my fretting hands middle finger got twisted
went to a doctor , he fixed n said apply ice , medicine for 10 days ..
i am unable to bend it completely . atleast 10 days without guitar would kill me , please help me with suggestions on what to do in mean while , n how to get back fast at my normal playing ability ?

thanks heapssss
I played through 2 broken fingers, it sucks, but the more you hurt it the less you feel.
Or just piddle without that finger. Django did it with 3 fingers....

\/ ignore this guy. Youre perfectly capable of using 3 fingers if you can bend mid slightly enough to be in proper postition. Obviously playing with that finger isnt a good idea for healing. Just sayin, ive done it, hurt like hell... worth it.
Last edited by StonedColdCrazy at Feb 4, 2012,
^
ignore this guy
Quote by anonymusneo
hi guys ,

i had a little accident my fretting hands middle finger got twisted
went to a doctor , he fixed n said apply ice , medicine for 10 days ..
i am unable to bend it completely . atleast 10 days without guitar would kill me , please help me with suggestions on what to do in mean while , n how to get back fast at my normal playing ability ?

thanks heapssss

don't play the guitar until it's healed.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well, having just taken 2 weeks off from guitar due to tendinitis in my fretting arm (still a week before im back to normal). i can say the smartest thing to do would be to practice picking. practice odd timings, ie 5s 7s 9s 11s etc. and also work on using as little energy as possible.

until this past week i didn't realise that i should have separated my picking and fretting exercises. so use this time to your advantage, and focus solely on picking. gl!
If you were a runner with a Twisted Ankle, the advice would be the same...

Take care of the injury now, or pay the price later...

Let it heal... It's only a couple of weeks...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Play slide, practice vocals, **** around with open tuning, improve your picking techniques..
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
want to get back to playing well as soon as possible? don't play for 10 days.

listen to your doc. let things heal properly and you'll minimize the risk of further damage. 10 days of no guitar sucks, but its not that bad really (I missed a little under 3 months last year, and it all came back pretty quick)
Here's one for ya:

Take all the time you would normally put into your guitar, and put it into theory and ear-training.

And then when you can start playing again, keep doing the theory and ear training, and take you would normally do some other random thing, and put THAT into your guitar.

Win-Win!
break 2 more of your fingers and tune your guitar down to C
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Wait for the finger to heal. If you honestly cannot live without playing guitar for less than 2 weeks, then you need to get out and do a few other things anyway.
thanks so much guys ,

sliding (if i feel no pain)
picking improvement with as much less effort as possible
theory
ear training .

i will try these
I broke my elbow 12ish yrs ago and I learned to play guitar like a lap steel, It was a very interesting thing to do(I was in a full arm cast for 30 days and it was another 2 months untill I could properly use my arm). Just think Jeff Healey
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Play some Skyrim. You'll forget all about guitar........
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?