Hey all!

Last night I put some covers on my youtube channel.. Dream Theater - Overture 1928, Dream Theater - Strange Deja Vu, Red Hot Chili Peppers - Mellowship slinky in B major, and Liquid Tension Experiment - Kindred Spirits (solo). These are all videos of me playing along with the original song in the background.

Go to my youtube channel www.youtube.com/CLFGuitars and theres a playlist called "cover songs" with 4 videos in it. Enjoy!

Check them out, let me know what you think! Any critique or comments on my lessons is welcomed and appreciated too. C4C of course, just leave a link.
Last edited by cm880999 at Feb 5, 2012,
Nice playing! Everything is tight and clean, wish I played that well! Keep it up!
NOPE
Hey dude,

that was insanely clean! Very impressive. The only thing I'd reccommend is trying to record the guitar into your computer somehow, instead of recording it with the camera. But other than that, I have found nothing wrong, the playing is very very tight and sounds very good!
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
Hey man! Really, really impressive work. The fact that you can play Dream Theater song talks about itself. Complex and hard songs, but you nailed them, imo. Faultless and clean playing, awesome tone and nice audio quality. Great job!
Hey, really solid playing. I listened to both the Chili Pepper's and Dream Theater pieces. Dream Theater solo was solid, some of the bends needed some work but it's a difficult piece at work and the rest of it sounded great. Keep up the good work!
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Thanks everyone! If you are impressed with how clean my fast playing is, you may be interested to know that I just started a new lesson series about how to shred. In this I am revealing the secrets of the technique as well as the learning process and exercises that helped me quickly learn how to play fast and accurately.

You can play like that too, I promise! If this is something you want to be able to do, why not subscribe to my channel? Learn how to shred p.2 is uploading as I type this =D
Listening to Overture 1928 and Strange Deja Vu covers. The playing is excellent, you seem to be nailing everything pretty much, solos and all. Only thing to improve on really is the recording quality so it'd be nicer to listen to. Very good performance though.

Thanks for critting mine btw, glad you liked it. Ok, so about how I put it together... Guitars were recorded DI, then through some software plugins (Tube Screamer's Secret, Lepou Lecto, Voxengo Boogex w/ impulses) and then some EQ, and also the lead had some reverb. The bass is actually a guitar recorded DI, pitch shifted down an octave then some other plugins, notably TSE BOD and lots of EQ and compression. The drums are programmed MIDI ran through Steven Slate Drums.
Hope that helps. Any more questions, feel free to ask
hey man your tone is amazing + i subbed ur channel
and from your comment on my thread i use line 6 ux2 audio interface to record, i play through pod farm and record it from audacity
Hey dude, thanks for the criticism. I checked out your LTE solo, and I was very impressed. Your playing was very clean and precise. I'd recommend just raising your guitar volume up a bit as it was kinda hard to hear at times. Keep up the good work!
Cheers for replying to my thread, Just listened to your Overture Cover, and that is awesome. Only thing I think you could improve on was to turn up your guitar just a slight bit as you can hear the strings being hit, and thats me being overcritical.

Good work lad, nice tone as well, keep it up