Just got this baby on Tuesday (was too busy playing to post a thread). 2007 model, discontinued, Made In Korea (like the rest of the "G" Series). Solid Spruce top, laminate Flame Maple back/sides. Mahogany neck w/ Rosewood fretboard. Satin Violin Burst on the top, back, sides and neck. White binding on the body, compensated saddle on a rosewood bridge. Takamine's take on the OM (Orchestra Model). No electronics, but I'll probably add those later.

Overall, great sounding guitar. Plenty of volume, very articulate. The best feeling neck I've ever had on an acoustic. A fairly balanced guitar, action is okay but i'll probably get it set up soon. Intonation from the factory was spot-on (I have the original inspection card from the factory).

Can't go wrong with a $300 price tag either!

(sorry for the quality. My camera's in the shop)
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:
2008 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top (Cherryburst)
1964 Gibson Melody Maker D (DC)

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
MXR Distortion III (C4 Modded)
congrats on your new guitar!
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by stepchildusmc
congrats ! nice coloring. i like that. can i borrow it?

Nope :P
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
Quote by stepchildusmc
how's the sound? bright? bassy?

Depends on what strings I put on it, and my attack. It came with D'Addario EXP Phosphor Lights (a couple months old, mind you :P), and it sounded good enough with them to convince me to buy it. Plenty of bass for the size, but the highs felt a little compressed. So I restrung it with my go-to Elixir 80/20 Lights (Nanoweb), and it brightened the guitar right up. Added a little more snap on the bass strings too.

As far as attack goes, regardless of the strings, it's nice and smooth, warm, kinda jazzy with a light attack, but this thing can kick ass if you're heavy-handed (which surprised me, because every small-bodied guitar I've played sounded horribly compressed when hit hard). Sustain has a nice smooth decay (very little dropoff).

If I have one complaint about this guitar, it's the nut and saddle. Both incredibly cheap plastic (although what else do you expect for $300?), I can actually see the excess plastic on the saddle from when it was injection-molded...definitely gonna put a nice piece of bone in there.
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
Takamine make very nice guitars. I hae one, and its awesome.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by rocknroll93
I hae one,
That variation of "have", believe it or not, also works in "Scrabble".
you sure i can't borrow it next tuesday? i'll let you have a proper english diction class with cranky in return. its gotta be worth something. on second thought, how about i borrow the guitar and you dont have to take the stupid class ( theres only so much pompous ass one should be subjected to)
Quote by stepchildusmc
you sure i can't borrow it next tuesday? i'll let you have a proper english diction class with cranky in return. its gotta be worth something. on second thought, how about i borrow the guitar and you dont have to take the stupid class ( theres only so much pompous ass one should be subjected to)

Although I appreciate the offer, our locations obviously make this unlikely :P
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
Quote by stepchildusmc
Why don't you head off into a corner and play your Taylor. You can work on your lame ass pseudo hipster patter while you're at it .

Funny thing about a dunce cap, it can double as a windsock.

BTW, "hae" actually is good for have. (Scottish variant) http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hae

You know what my problem is, I mean you said it yourself. My mother was most likelya crack ***** that probably dropped me on my head when I was a baby. Hey, PM a "friend" about it. Oh wait, you already did that......
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 4, 2012,
Quote by Captaincranky
Why don't you head off into a corner and play your Taylor. You can work on your lame ass pseudo hipster patter while you're at it .

Funny thing about a dunce cap, it can double as a windsock.

BTW, "hae" actually is good for have. (Scottish variant) http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hae

You know what my problem is, I mean you said it yourself. My mother was most likelya crack ***** that probably dropped me on my head when I was a baby. Hey, PM a "friend" about it. Oh wait, you already did that......

I think both of you need to stop being so butthurt, you're threadjacking. If you want to argue, make your own thread, or better yet, handle it via PM's.
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
your right rockin'. in lieu of borrowing it, how about posting a vid so we can all enjoy it? i'm dying to see how it sounds!
Quote by Captaincranky
That variation of "have", believe it or not, also works in "Scrabble".

heh. you learn somthing new everyday.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by stepchildusmc
your right rockin'. in lieu of borrowing it, how about posting a vid so we can all enjoy it? i'm dying to see how it sounds!

Will do, when I can get a hold of my recording buddy.
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals