Hi, I am selling my ESP LTD....how much do you think I can get for this, including case? Is $400 reasonable? $300?

Model RS-200 (Discontinued). Random Star Shape (in the style of Akira Takasaki of Loudness and his Killer guitar shape), Metallic Grey gives it a very metal/rock attitude, Mahagony Body, 2 EMG HZ pickups, Floyd Rose Tremelo, 24 fret bound neck, Reverse headstock, Maple neck and rosewood fingerboard, Arrow-head inlay,1 volume control, no tone control and 3 way selector.

Hi N1K156, I placed this guitar on Craig's List several times and no buyers. It seems that CL is flooded with TONS of used guitars and may be that is why. I like to get more but I am not sure if I can, because there is no demand. But I don't want to short change myself either and sell it way under value.
If just I've had more money, I'd buy that without even a doubt. For 350-400$ Actually I've enough money but if we think of taxes and cargo, it would cost a lot more, where do you live?
Last edited by cemges at Feb 4, 2012,
It depends on how long you can wait to sell it. That is also no a super desirable guitar shape so you may find it harder to move. But I think $300-350 would be an acceptable amount.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i love LOUDNESS... If only we were close and i had the space where to put it xD Would rip it right off your hands hahahaha!
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Hi Heilz, Akira Takasaki is one of my all time favorite guitar players. Check out my Loundness tabs I posted on UG! and please rate
It takes awhile nowadays to move any guitar that isn't a Strat through Craigslist, with the economy in a slump. Odd designs (like your star) are gonna take longer since there's a very narrow field of buyers that would want it. Mainly kids in high school looking for a cool looking 2nd guitar. It may be easier in the next few weeks since people will be getting their taxes back though.

Honestly $350 seems a bit much for the guitar. It was an unpopular model and one of the lower levels to begin with. Yes it's discontinued but it was discontinued for a reason, if that makes sense. $350 used gets you a 400 level LTD usually with a set neck and EMG pickups... . I've had my MH-1000 listed for about a month now at $425 on CL and haven't had a good offer yet, and thats a much more desirable model.

$250-300 sounds more in the ballpark, and that might be a tough sell then too.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
To be honest.. Being somone who dosent pay ltd much attention.. it just has kinda that dean cheap look to me. its prob nice but that was my impression when i saw it.. id pay $250 if it played decent
Thanks, Flux and Halfj06, yes, I tend agree that $300 is probably the MOST I will get, if I can get that at all.
$250 tops, most likely.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Just the case itself is $120. $250 without case, may be. $250 including case is like giving it away. I think $290 is about as low as I can go....even if I can't find a buyer, I wouldn't go any lower.
If you're lucky, you could find a beginner who has no knowledge of guitars and has a high budget who only plays teh br00tlz and thinks that the guitar looks br00tlz and decides to pay $500 for it........
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
My brain totally ignored the case part.

$300 easy, in that case.

Just keep in mind that just because it's out of production doesn't mean it will be worth a lot. There has to be a demand for it. There probably isn't a lot of demand for it, because it's out of production. So you'll just have to keep it listed until the right buyer comes along.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
It is actually being made popular again by Ozzy's guitar player, Gus G. It looks and plays a lot like the Gus G GUS-200, which is about $500 now...

I doubt he would make the guitar shape popular by himself, he's not a super huge profile guitarist. And that model has better pickups, set neck, and TOM bridge vs your LFR.

If the Gus signature is $500 new it would sell for about $250-300 used if you found a buyer.
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

^ That's the ESP version. I'm fairly sure the 200 level Gus sig has a bolt on neck and generic pups as well.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
well, his models go from $500 - $1,000.....but like I said, I think $300 including case is very reasonable, if I find a buyer. If I try to sell anything less than that, I might as well keep it for backup. It is the only guitar I have which has 24 frets anyway, it can be useful.
yes, Offworld, it is all supply and demand. When the person who really wants a guitar like this, it will be sold, I am sure....until then....it is just a waiting game....good thing I don't need cash for emergency....
Didn't catch that it was an ESP, apologies

Yeah $300ish is your ceiling on that, you'll have to sit on it awhile to move it at $300. EC-1000's are going around $350-450 for comparison and they're a rather popular model LTD. And they're a considerably higher quality instrument than a 200 level LTD. It's possible though, good luck selling
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Thanks, Flux. yeah, I need to sell this to ease the pain of my latest purchase....the EVH Wolfgang Special......LOL
I think it's a cool guitar but something to keep in mind is the LTD signature 200's run around 100usd more than the standard 200's purely because of the signature. So regardless of whether or not it's the same style as the gus g signature 200 you're looking at something that would have run at highest price around $399. Agathis isn't exactly a buzz word with guitars either and most of the other 200's like the vipers and the EC's were set neck/flamed top's and it's still very viable to find shops with new old stock selling them for 350.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
it all depends how fast you want to move at it. $250 shipped down to florida may get my interest, maybe not.

you are always going to do better on CL if you can find a seller who comes and gets it. its like $50+ every time i have shipped a guitar.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the input, Megdidar. Good point about the signature, I didn't think of that. Trash, yes, I am trying to sell it locally. I hate shipping anything anyway. I don't want to mess with that hassle. Hopefully, someone here locally will offer a trade ('up' of course) and then I can sell the one I get from the trade and go from there...
so is anyone here lives in or close to St. Louis and would like to buy this guitar? I have to get rid of it to pay for my latest addition to my guitars. Absolutely nothing wrong with it at all, just not my style.
I'd give you $350 US for it with the case in a heartbeat. I paid the equivalant of about $340 US for my LTD MH-200 and worth every penny! Love the LTDs!
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
Cool, now I just need to find someone local who wants one....it is all supply and demand....the local used guitar ads are crazy, there are way too many used guitars people are trying to get rid of...the economy is not helping.
my area sucked for guitars, but i blindly ordered my ltd from guitarcenter.com, ended up having a few chips and some rusty hardware. $355 shipped.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
if you have the cash, you can pretty much get a great deal on anything you want through Craig's List here in Midwest America.
OK, you got some answers, now you're just trying to sell it. Please use the gear ads forum for that.