So I was searching kijiji (similar to craigslist) and I can across a 1979 gibson les paul artisan for $880. After some quick web research it seems it could be worth anywhere between 1800-2500. Does this guy just not know what he has or what?

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-1979-gibson-les-paul-artisan-vintage-kalamazoo-3-pickup-walnut-W0QQAdIdZ351643105
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Generation EXP
Fender American FSR Stratocaster
Norman B20 CW Folk
1971 Hagstrom Jimmy Acoustic
Blackstar Ht-5
Boss DN-2
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Memory Toy
TC Hall of Fame
Boss RC-3
for that price it sounds dodgy... id as the seller for more detailed pictures of it...
if you live close to him, ask to check it out, the other day i was on kijii too and someone in my area was selling a 1961 american strat for just about a grand
Strat, Les Paul

Big Muff, Ibz Wh 10, BossCS 3, Boss DS 2, Binyang fl-8, Binyang Ch-8, MXR micro amp, MXR 90
Rule 1 of buying things on the internet - if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Well, If even it's not fake or some other stuff, I bet it has technical problems or other stuff after all.
No idea if it's fake or not, but Jesus that is pretty
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
ya it's super nice, but I also kinda felt like it was too good to be true, I emailed the seller for pics that include the serial number
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Generation EXP
Norman B20 CW Folk
Blackstar Ht-5
Boss DN-2
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Memory Toy
TC Hall of Fame
Boss RC-3
hmm... i just seen this on kijiji listed near me in windsor, ontario too. sounds kinda funny, dont ya think. probably a scam.. unless theyre expecting someone to drive to winnipeg to pick it up lol

http://windsor.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-1979-gibson-les-paul-artisan-vintage-kalamazoo-3-pickup-walnut-W0QQAdIdZ351641249
Thx for the info warbeast19. there goes my hopes of it being real lol. O well it was a fun thought while it lasted. Wonder if i'll get an email back with pics? lol
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Generation EXP
Norman B20 CW Folk
Blackstar Ht-5
Boss DN-2
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Memory Toy
TC Hall of Fame
Boss RC-3
Even if it isn't real it still looks nice, ask him to send yo ua picture of the serial number and then look that up to see if it's real or not.
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix
Real Gibby or not, if that's the actual guitar, it might be worth it for looks alone. If its real, you got a steal. If its a fake, use it as a fix up project.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!