ok so since i made a cross country move with my stuff my blue voodoo has been acting quite funny. there is a horrific static/buzzing noisy mess that wasnt there before on the gain channel and on any patch i use with my gt10. i cant make it go away nomatter what i try.

in my current setup im using a boss gt10 with the 4 cable method and im using 2 noise gates in the gt10 and the buzz is still there. today i pulled EVERY SINGLE TUBE and used detoxit on the pins and sprayed out the sockets with a can of air and put all the tubes back in their specific spots. i turned it back on and still buzzing. its driving me insane. i have tried different cables different guitars and i even switched to my jet city picovalve to see if it was the outlets in the house. nothing. perhaps its a microphonic tube or something? that is the only thing that i have not tried yet. im on the verge of selling the bv and the gt10 and getting something new.

also if im using the 4cm with the gt10 shouldnt it cut out the preamp section of the amp and only use the power section of the amp?

sorry for the bombardment. but i hate buzzy gear.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
I'm sure you have but, have you just tried going straight from guitar to amp without anything in between to make sure it's the amp?

If so, I would venture to say try changing valves.
yup did that too on both amps. the tubes are maybe 5 months old as well.

here is an option to try. i have heard of some people using the BV with only 2 power tubes in it to drop the wattage. could i pull the outside tubes and run the inner ones and vice a versa to see what set is generating the problem? i know it will drop my ohms im running at 16 ohms into a 16 ohm cab. will it drop to 8? if so i can make my cab and the head run at 8 because they both have switches for that.
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

I know some amps can handle that kind of dropping in power, and some can't. IF the Voodoo can (which I'm not positive about), that could be a way to try and figure out the culprits. I know money is tight in this world, but if you can afford it, I'd recommend just buying all new tubes. If you have extras, just keep them as spares so it'll be easier to fix next time.
id prefer to do as much as i can to figure out the problem before dropping coin on new tubes. i have another set of tubes anyway.

ill do some looking around to see if the BV can handle only running on 2 power tubes.
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board