There is snow. A lot of snow. Any snow stories?

I set off in the car to my friend's house at about half 6. He lives 20 minutes away, about 8 miles, but it took me and hour and a bit to get 3 and a half miles, so I turned back and got home in half an hour.

BUT NEVERMIND THE INCONVENIENCE, IT'S SNOWING! THAT'S GOOD, RIGHT?

No, snow can fuck off.
hello
Is snow a once-in-a-lifetime experience in England? It sure seems like that. Every year.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
My snow story:

I went downstairs. There was white all over the garden. I realised I'd forgotten to bring my clean sheets in off the line. Shortly after bringing it all in, it started to snow. Lucky that I got everything inside on time.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
My snow story:

I went downstairs. There was white all over the garden. I realised I'd forgotten to bring my clean sheets in off the line. Shortly after bringing it all in, it started to snow. Lucky that I got everything inside on time.

hello
Snow, I remember his stuff from the 90's... wow haven't heard of that guy forever.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
i have no heating and 40% of my room is single pane windows.
its freezing
now extra flamey
Snow is weird man.

We usually get a ton of snow here, but this year we got it once on October 27th, and since then, winter has been grey outside of a light frost a few weeks ago.

Shit feels messed-up.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by Kensai
Is snow a once-in-a-lifetime experience in England? It sure seems like that. Every year.

That is exactly it. No description of the relationship between snow and the UK is better than this.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I currently live in Minnesota (Northern USA) and there is frost on the ground, no snow.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Yes, it has snowed here, it makes driving a pain in the arse. Still going to make a massive snow penis at the park, been doing it since I was 12, 8 years on and it still hasn't got old
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
-34C, loads of snow and it took me the same amount of time to drive to the shop 15 minutes away as it does with no snow and +C in the summer

England just can't cope with anything

I also agree with:

Quote by Kensai

After all, I did experience that for 20 years It annoyed me.. it's like, yeah.. it's snowing, get the fuck over it
It snew today.

I haven't read today's news, but I imagine a lot of people are flipping a shit nationwide. They always make a big fuss about it, as if it's totally unexpected, even though it happens every year.

EDIT: 5/10 of the most read articles on the BBC website are about the cold weather.
Last edited by sashki at Feb 4, 2012,
People in the UK seem like Southerners in the US: completely incapable of functioning when snow happens.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by Kensai

Quality snow is.

So whenever anyone sees any form of snow they go batshit insane.

The public transport stops because they don't have enough excuses already apparently

And most public buildings close because the public transport has stopped.

I ****ing hate snow. I'm gonna have to bike 4 miles at 6 tomorrow morning to get to work, yet people who own cars won't turn in because it's "not drivable weather" ****ing idiots.
Man, no snow all year.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
The reason a lot of stuff stops is because we don't have the infrastructure in place because we don't get snow often.
hello
Quote by opc100
The reason a lot of stuff stops is because we don't have the infrastructure in place because we don't get snow often.

We've had it for the last 3 years. Is the infrastructure really more expensive than the losses?

Also, doesn't Scotland get snow regularly? They have ski resorts. Maybe they can teach England a thing or two about dealing with snow. Maybe this is a stupid idea, but I'm a stupid person, so it's okay.
Quote by necrosis1193
Snow is weird man.

We usually get a ton of snow here, but this year we got it once on October 27th, and since then, winter has been grey outside of a light frost a few weeks ago.

Shit feels messed-up.

Exactly the same thing here.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by opc100

I've never understood this..

Every year I lived in England, there was snow around January

Infact, I remember in 3 of my 4 years in middle school we always had time off school because all the pipes froze and shit
Quote by opc100

Bull-****ing-shit.

It's nothing to do with the infrastructure. It's the governement cowtowing to to the lazy ****ers who just want snow-days like they read in Calvin and Hobbes.
We never do anything about the snow because everybody wants a day off. Everybody.

I hope I get Monday off >_>
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by sashki
It snew today.

that really made me laugh. I'm gonna use it.

also i like that we are incapable of functioning with snow. means we probably get monday off.
now extra flamey
Last edited by Ikey at Feb 4, 2012,
Fuck snow. It's pretty but its appearance masks its true evil intent which is purely to disrupt mankind.
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
i live on the west coast (new brighton) and i don't know what all the fuss is about, all it did here today was rain a bit......
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by papershredder
Fuck snow. It's pretty but its appearance masks its true evil intent which is purely to disrupt mankind.

There are several countries that kinda disprove your theory.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
It snowed shit loads here, I just ain't got time for this!!!!! FFFFFFFFUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!! Ruined my plans AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
I need muymnfickijh walletuy
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
It snowed last night.
I looked out of my window this morning, went downstairs, made tea, looked out of the kitchen window, made toast, watched TV and ate toast, looked out of the living room window, put my coat on and went outside for work.
Then I realised there was snow everywhere.

That about sums up how much I care.