e|----------------------------------|
B|---------5h6h8p6p5--5h6h8/|
G|-----5h7-------------h7--------|
D|----------------------------------|
A|-5-8-----------------------------|
D|----------------------------------|

I will use this riff as an exemple. So, this is what has been happening: when I play this riff, the part where I've to hammer on the 7 (7h) right after those pull ofs on the B string, what happens is that when I continue to play the riff and release the finger from the 7th fret on the G string, the G string continues to ring as a G note. People say that this is a common thing that happens whyle playing a fast riff, but I still think it shouldn't happen. What do you think?
I think the section from Afterlife that you're talking it isn't a hammer-on on the seventh fret. Just pick that note and the five on the B after. It's not hard to do and it's cleaner. Solved.

Also, no it should not ring out, that's a common thing to happen to players but that doesn't mean it's not sloppy play.

Play things how you're comfortable playing them, not how a tab tells you to.
Yes, it's ok. Give in to the temptation. Embrace it. Give her all your passion.

But remember, wear a condom.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Actualy I can play the solo until the 2nd sweep. It's not that hard, I think it fits my level. But I've just noticed about this, and also noticed that Syn used something wraped on the top of his Schecter neck to record the solo, and that, honestly, makes me feel better about myself, cause that means that even Synyster has this problem, so I'm not that bad. haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwlUC3f8qDY

see??
Last edited by Daniel'sDream at Feb 4, 2012,
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yes, it's ok. Give in to the temptation. Embrace it. Give her all your passion.

But remember, wear a condom.

It's a fast riff, so there's no point.... it'll split............
Quote by Freepower
Or perhaps Synester isn't that great...

It's a pretty simple thing to solve, any good lead guitarist can mute unwanted noise, check this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIEnzboW0Hc

he really isn't a bad guitarist by any stretch (overrated but he's not a kirk hammett, his work with pinkly smooth was intense), and i could see why he has the band in the studio since his tone is so...trebley and scoopy, the feedback is probably pretty high without it. even marty friedman has to have a human capo or some tape sometimes because of his picking weirdness when it goes into the studio, and luke hoskin using a hairband for sequoia throne's sweepy and tappy parts.

but yeah, you're not in a #1 billboard band TS, so you should learn to do things the right way. and just pick that note, it's much easier and cleaner than trying to mute out that hammer-on.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by mdc
It's a fast riff, so there's no point.... it'll split............

Hmmm...maybe he should double up then.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Hail
he really isn't a bad guitarist by any stretch (overrated but he's not a kirk hammett, his work with pinkly smooth was intense), and i could see why he has the band in the studio since his tone is so...trebley and scoopy, the feedback is probably pretty high without it. even marty friedman has to have a human capo or some tape sometimes because of his picking weirdness when it goes into the studio, and luke hoskin using a hairband for sequoia throne's sweepy and tappy parts.

but yeah, you're not in a #1 billboard band TS, so you should learn to do things the right way. and just pick that note, it's much easier and cleaner than trying to mute out that hammer-on.

I'm not saying he's bad, but I think the TS could do with looking around a bit.

Lots of bands use that hairband thing in the studio as well, or even live for super tappy bits. But you really, really need to get proper muting down as well. Guthrie Govan and Andy James both use the hairband quite often - but they only barely need it.